Art Nude UK Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Art Nude UK Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How nude between poses/covering up ?

I was wondering how nude models stayed between poses and moving round the art room ?
If I am going into another pose immediately, there would be no point in putting on a dressing gown, but what if say a short break of 5 mins or less ? If more than a minute or two I will put on a dressing gown, although seems a bit pointless as I have been nude with the artists for several minutes or possibly hours ! What do other models do ?
Also, slightly different topic, how are the changing facilities provided, my experience is that little consideration is given to that, often very basic or just the store room/area ?
Peter

Re: How nude between poses/covering up ?

I always put my gown on at break, but when you have to go straight into another pose I don't bother. Sometimes the tutor will give you your gown , once finished a session, it just depends really.

In between poses nude, gown for breaks.

There have been odd instances when I've haven't used the gown, e.g. But that's always been tutor requested.

Storeroom or a nearby toilet is the norm. One place I used sit was a 50m walk, but only artists were in the building. Doesn't really bother me.

As far as changing facilities are concerned, most are quite rudimentary - store cupboards/rooms can be tolerable if there is enough space but toilet cubicles are not really acceptable. But sometimes one comes across decent arrangements, such as the Princes Drawing Studios near Shoreditch in London where there is a shower, toilet, and reasonable space.

As regards gowns, etc.it depends on the kind of session. More often then not, I am naked during breaks if they are in the studio; I get requests for this if artists ask me to. And sometimes my body is oiled if it is a photographic session, in which case a gown is not really sensible.

There are also sessions for LGBT groups where I am asked to use a G string during the break rather than a gown, and others where I am girt in a wrap-round cloth with legs, arms and shoulders fully bare.