<>

GardenAction Forum

Welcome to the GardenAction forum. Feel free to post a message.

GardenAction Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: How can I get rid of this weed? (see photo)

Superb response. Many many thanks :)

I'm going to get some Roundup tonight complete with some plastic cups from the bins in the canteen. Then spray inside. Will that erase them for good, and will it damage the soil at all? Ive got quite a few plants in my borders so I hope it wont damage them.

Do you know how I can get them out of the grass? My thinking is if I use Roundup on that I won't have a lawn after a few days...

Re: Re: Re: How can I get rid of this weed? (see photo)

it willdamage anything it contacts, so excersise caution, and be inventive with the "cup" idea, possibly a paper cone could be constructed to "pinpoint" the spray to the intended target.
Roundup, will not stay in the soil, and after a couple weeks will be non-exsistent.
there are guidelines as to how soon you may transplant or seed an area on the container.
Happy Gardening and Please, let me know the outcome

Re: Re: Re: Re: How can I get rid of this weed? (see photo)

Well I bought some Roundup the other day, got a plastic cup - did your trick - and within a day or two the weeds have began to go black, so heres hoping it works.

I've bought some weed killer that is safe to use on grass and I put that on this morning, so when I go home hopefully the weeds will have gone black (or started to wilt) by now, or it may take a few days.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How can I get rid of this weed? (see photo)

Well both have worked a treat.

Chuffed to bits...

<>