<>

GardenAction Forum

Welcome to the GardenAction forum. Feel free to post a message.

GardenAction Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
French Climbing Beans

Getting a bit worried about my beans. They have been gowing very well but have noticed, particularly during this very wet weather, that the leaves are looking a bit bedraggled. There are brown patches on some and the edges are curling and look eaten. I can see nothing on them that might be causing this. The stems are growing strong and I can see the beginnings of the first flowers so, otherwise, healthy. Any advice from other bean growers?

Re: French Climbing Beans

Hmm, doesnt sound too much of a problem, Its most probably a combination of the wind and rain. I grow about 100 climbing beans each season, and usually find that at some point they get hammered by the wind! The leaves get blown about, ripped off and those that are left do get curly brown edges. However, I get a really decent crop and end up freezing loads of them. I prefer them to runner beans because it takes a lot less time preparing them for freezing. Hope the sun comes out soon! - please...

Rob the Skin

Re: French Climbing Beans

Thanks for putting my mind at rest Rob. I was hoping it was the wind & rain, of which there has been plenty! Fingers crossed I get a good crop, looking forward to it having never grown them before.

<>