<>

GardenAction Forum

Welcome to the GardenAction forum. Feel free to post a message.

GardenAction Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greenhouse Question

Hi, I have been lucky enough to obtain a greenhouse frame for free - I just have to glaze it. Not sure the best & cheapest way to go about this. I do not know the make of greenhouse, but it is approx 10 8 ft and instead of a sliding door, it has an opening door.

I feel very luck to have this but don't know what to do next...can anyone help please....There is a panel of glass left in the door and in the 2 opening windows on the roof.Dimensions of the bits I have to glaze are:
4 of 39cm x 156 cm
4 of 46 cm x 180 cm
1 of 61 cm x 197 cm
14 of 61 cm x 134 cm
2 of 61 cm x 89.5 cm
2 of 58 cm x 43 cm

Thanks in anticipation of this amatuer lady gardener....June

Re: Greenhouse Question

Instead of using glass (which is expensive), why not use polythene - this does the same job as glass but with the added benefit of keeping the hot sun from burning your plants - it works very well.

Re: Re: Greenhouse Question

Thank you for your reply. I did think of using polythene however, I live on the north coast of scotland and feel sure that when the north/east winds come it would probably take the polythene with it

I have also looked up poly carbonate (sp!) but can't find the weird sizes that I need....

Regards, June

Re: Greenhouse Question

If you have a small DIY shop in your area, rather than the B&Q variety, or a small local glazing firm, I'm sure they would cut glass to sizes you require. A friend of mine did just that, she took templates along for the unusual sizes but you could just give precise measurements. Hope you have a lot of good times in your completed greenhouse in the future!

Re: Re: Greenhouse Question

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will do just that next week. I'll take my measurements and get a quote...
Regards, June

<>