GYs Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

GYs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: website ideas

hang on on sec.lol does anyone have an idea on how long it takes to get this site upand running and then to maintain it,it took me a solid week to get this going then a further 4 weeks to get it right. and then on top of all that i then update it aleats once a mounth. but mostly the updates are things that for example make the site load quicker and updateing the links and its not always cosmetic things i also had a problem with the codex last wekk and i have only just been able to fix it. the idea that u are think about has been looked into if u case ur minds bk to when the site first was up there was a seaction on the traing program this has since been removed due the the amount of time this would take just for the uploading of this and to get it all right, there is however a possiblity of getting sir to give me the years traing program and i would be willing to take the time to upload it all and have the years on there this idea would take a lot less time and would enable cdts to plan for the next mounts traing. i would also like to ask any of u for ideas for Q on the voting section, and help with getting the recs. on this site as it would be helpful 4 them thanks Coney

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: website ideas

no ones forgetting how much work u have put into this site we was just suggesting that maybe if it is going to be a problem for you to update this site reguarly you could benefit from some ones assistants who is as intrested in it as u. i think we shud talk about this bk at det and maybe eventually get this plan into action.

cdt kirk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: website ideas

hi all. it has been interesting to read that whole list of messages and i have just been wondering about a few things whilst reading through them. originally when this site was made there was going to be a so called 'managment team' which would consist of myself, coney and hewitt. whatever happened to this idea of us running the website alltogether because i think that way would have been an easier route to take first. i think now we are at this stage if we now take the idea on board once again, we can pull this website together and get it updated quite regularly. i think the idea of a timetable and information an the dress would be benificial to a lot of people. anyway that is just an idea to think about as i myself would be happy to lend a hand with updating the website.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: website ideas

I, as Mr Wigg and others have done, have read the messages and come to the same conclusion it does need up dateing. However this discussion should not take place on line. Mr Coney does spend a lot of his free time manageing this site, it would be interseting to see the 'hit' figures, but it is a living beast and needs to be looked after. I think this needs to be sorted within the detachment. at NAAFI break on Monday 20/06 i want all interseted parties to have a meeting in my office to soirt these issues out.