SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Black Dogs

Anyone ever seen any solid black hounds?

Re: Black Dogs

I seen some solid black hounds, Call Calhuns, I know a man that has some, I dont know if that the right way to spell it or not,

I have a book called:
    History of boy and a great breed of hounds.
    It is by Otey Calhoun.
    The calhoun hounds were mostly solid black.
    Bill you say you know man that has some, I did not know that there are still some around.I would like to talk to the owner of these black dogs.
    As a side note in the book Otey clames that Tennessee Lead was stolen from his Grandfather.
    Dont know if it is the truth or not, but that is what he wrote.

His name is Larry Henry Knoxville Tenn. 865 579 5743 tell him I gave you his no.

I would like to find out if anyone has kept up the breeding line that my Uncle Otey had. I would love to get some dogs that are so much a part of my family history. I have sons who hunt and what better way to pass on something that is such a large part of their family line. I also have his book and it means the world to me. If you have any information that may help please let me know. Thank you so much for your time.

there is someone around statesville nc was still keeping calhouns the last i heard..and i dont know his contact info..but his name is mike carter

I am looking for Calhoun foxhounds if you know where I can find please let me know. I have books by otey Calhoun I have talked to his daughter but she doesn't know where any of the Calhoun hounds can be found.

CALL ME, 423 234 2644 [ BILL ]

I used to have a pair of calhouns, solid black with a white patch on their chest. One was stolen the other died several years ago. Both would do it like they should. The man that got the dogs for me is passed away now.

You might contact the Honorable Bill Mcgee for contact info on Mike Carter as he has helped judge some past hunts under Mr Mcgees' Watch.

I don't read much, but I sure would love to read that book. Know where I can get it?

I am sure it is out of print.You may find it on the internet somewhere. I got my copy for a Christmas present in 1980.

The book was published in 1969 By Sentinel-Echo in London, Kentucky I hope that helps

Jay Morris of New york had a couple Calhouns They ran pretty good think he bought them in NC

A FRIEND OF MIND STILL HAS SOME BLACK DOGS. HE WOULD SELL SOME OF THE DOGS.

I would like to find some of the breed. My grandfather actually bought some dogs from Otey Calhoun. Has a signed book to him and all, We have dogs that still have some of the bloodline but can’t be much left. If anyone knows where I could get some more please email me joshuarozier38@gmail.com or call (912)318-3242

I would like to find some of the breed. My grandfather actually bought some dogs from Otey Calhoun. Has a signed book to him and all, We have dogs that still have some of the bloodline but can’t be much left. If anyone knows where I could get some more please email me joshuarozier38@gmail.com or call (912)318-3242