SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    CANAAN PERKINS

I SAW BELOW WHERE YOU MENTION IT TOOK A BETTER NOSE UP YOUR WAY....I BELIEVE IT....YEARS AGO I LIVED ABOUT HALF WAY BETWEEN I-95 AND THE COAST.WE STARTED HUNTING AROUND SPRING HOPE WHICH IS CLAY AND ROCKY...OUR NORMAL TRAIL DOGS WOULDN'T HARDLY STRIKE A FRESH TRACK...ALLMOST IMBARASSING..THEY'D HUNT IT AND BARK ACCASIONALLY BEFORE THEY JUMPED,THE SAME YEAR WE STARTED HUNTING IN HYDE COUNTY..CLOSE TO THE COAST...SAME HOUNDS WOULDN'T HARDLY MISS A BEAT ON A FAIR TRACK...HARD TO BELIVE DIFFRENCE IN TERRAIN CAN MAKE THAT MUCH DIFFRENCE BUT IT DOES

Re: CANAAN PERKINS

Got some buddies who go down to southeast Va and hunt in the crops on occasion in the summer. Ive never had the pleasure of making the trip to hunt, got several dogs from that way, half have suited, half didnt. I couldnt say for sure the difference in the scenting and running, but some people I talk to say its night and day. I still think a good dog will do it anywhere, 1 or 2 trips to adapt in good running and they should be coming around on the strange ground. Would love to try running in that country sometime when the running is good. Nice post Alvin, always enjoy reading yours!

Canaan