SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

PRESS RELEASE
    November 7, 2008

For Immediate Release
    David Adams
    804-382-9501
    Virginia Shooting Sports Association

President Elect-Obama Announces Anti-Gun Agenda
    One of many proposal found on transition web-site

Orange, VA - The following is a statement released by the Virginia Shooting Sports Association President David Adams, in reaction to President Elect Obama's anti-gun proposal posted on the official Transition web site.

"It did not take long for Barack Obama to show his hand as it relates to the threat that America's gun owners now face under an Obama Administration. Only three days after winning the presidency, he has declared war on honest law abiding gun owners by laying out an agenda that seeks to violate the privacy of gun owners and outlaw an entire class of firearms."

The transition web site, www.change.gov lists the following proposals that target gun owners in America.

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

VSSA will continue to protect the right of law abiding gun owners as we have for the last 70 years. Gun owners are urged to make their views known to President Elect that lawful gun owners are not to blame for crime and we will let our representatives know in Congress that we oppose these proposals.

VSSA, founded in 1938 is the state affiliate association of the NRA, and works to protect the rights of law abiding gun owners and sportsmen.

Re: OBAMA'S ANTI GUN AGENDA URGENT NOTICE

I pity the loonies that thought he was for guns, while stealing your vote! Hope and change! By the way can I have your Remington 742 and your 835, you can keep your NEF single barrel!

.....lol Thomas. I ain't sayin' a word...I decided since there is nothing I can do about it I will just give the man a chance and see what he does. This should be interesting, very interesting indeed.

I'M AFRAID THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING, NO SURPRISES HERE!!THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO IS PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY. I MEAN REALLY PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY. WE CERTAINLY NEED TO CONTACT OUR STATE CONGRESSMAN AND SENATOR'S AND LET THEM KNOW WHERE WE STAND ALSO.

DID ANYONE THINK HE WAS GOING DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN HE HAS AS A SENATOR, NO NOT THIS GUY,HE WILL ATTACK OUR 2ND ADMENDMENT RIGHTS AND THEN OUR 1ST ADMENDMENT RIGHTS. THIS IS WHAT THEY DO IN COMMUNISTS AND SOCALISTS GOVERNMENTS. TAKE THIER WEAPONS AND THEN THIER VOICES. I TRULY HOPE AMERICA AS A WHOLE WAKE'S UP.

no he nis what he is and will show you what he is!

You guys must not read the papers.

They all say that we should support BO and help him be a success.

They obviously do not agree with me that only a fool carries the rope to his own hanging.

CSSJR

hes gonna have a hell of a time getting my guns

Shot guns will be the last to go.

Buy lots of 00 buck.

I like shotguns better anyway. As my eyes get worse its nice to just be able to shoot "in the general direction" of your target and maybe get lucky and hit it! (Of course if I am throwing 00 buck in someones direction, I would hope they wouldn't hang around to see how good a shot I am anyway)