SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Shot B & B deer hound near Southampton Sussex line on route 35

I tracked to one of my hunting buddies ( Wyatt Earp ) dogs that we thought had laid up. Even though the dog had never done this before we let him stay there until this morn. I walked in and found the dog with a what looked to be a 22 cal. hole in his right side no exit wound. Dogs were turned out Sat. night after dark and he had listened to them until about 0200 hrs. Sunday morning. Tracked to them about lunch time Sunday all in same general area one would not come out. If anybody hears anything or knows of this happing in that area let me know please ! 757-556-5533 Thanks John

Re: Shot B & B deer hound near Southampton Sussex line on route 35

You need to contact Reggie Cook in VDHA. I spoke with him about a month ago. He was telling me of another incident that had occured in Sussex County. Don't let this lay. Pursue it to the end. Just for the record. I am putting together a file logging all the hound attacks/harrassments cases I run across. No doubt, the day is going to come where hound owner and hound attacker are going head to head. End result won't be good. There will be a lawyer out there that will want this info.

JIM DID YOU MEAN VDHA {VIRGINIA DEER HUNTERS ASS.}
    OR THE VAHDA

JIM IS RIGHT DONT LET THIS LAY,PERSUE IT TO THE END AND IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY LET YOUR LOCAL CPO KNOW ABOUT IT.IM AFRAID FELLOWS THIS WONT BE THE LAST TIME WE HEAR THIS KIND OF REPORT.

my club had two shot this year one shot in the head with what looked to be a 22 cal. and threw in the dumpster behind the purdy store (weeks market) back in july and another shot in the head in september and left in the hunting club yard but the case is still under investigation.we must do something to stop this now.pursue it to the fullest.

i left out that we did track to the one in the dumpster.

Man sorry to hear about your dog that was shot and the other two that were shot up in Purdy. The people who are responsibe for this should be found and prosicuted to the fullest part of the law. Please contact your local repsentive about this as soon as possible am shure this will not be the only story whe hear about this this year.
    But on another note IT IS NOT HUNTING SEASON YET, running your dogs now, back in september and even July as posted is not helping to save hunting with dogs in Virginia it is breaking the law. We all need to be patient and wait two more weeks as the law stated to run our dogs, the antis are out and the deffently as you now know unfortinally are tring to make a statement.

MR. HARRIS ,
    I'M WELL AWARE OF WHEN DEER SEASON COMES IN AND THE LAW. IT WANT MY DOG BUT I WAS HOLDING MINE BECAUSE I HUNT IN VA & NC. WE DID TURN DEER DOGS LOOSE SEVERAL HOURS AFTER DARK AND STAYED WITH THEM UNTIL 2 AM .AND HAD 5 OUT OF 6 CAUGHT BEFORE CHURCH GOT OUT SUNDAY MORNING. WOULD OF HAD ALL 6 IF SOMEONE HADN'T SHOT HIM. IF YOU LEAVE YOUR DOGS IN A PEN ALL YEAR AND WAIT TIL HUNTING SEASON I SURE YOU HAVE A NICE PACK.
    I'VE BEEN BREAKING THAT LAW FOR OVER 20 YEARS IN THE SAME PLACE NEVER ONE TIME HAD A PROBLEM . BUT ALL THE FOLKS THAT LIVE AROUND THERE WERE RAISED WITH DOG HUNTERS OF SOME TYPE.
    JPOHN JOHNSON 757-556-5533

THE LAW HAS NOT BEEN CALLED ITS NOT MY DOG I WILL PASS THIS ON TO THE OWNER. I THINK IF WE FOUND OUT WHO DID IT WE CAN HANDLE IT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.
    THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN JOHN

its hunting seson here in eastren nc and we had 2 shot in the head sat...huntin season in or out dosent matter this crap is getting rediculous.

SUTTON DIDN'T YOU HAVE A COMMENT ON THIS POST ???? JOHN JOHNSON

Re: JOHN JOHNSON

Was not him...an imposter...and taken care of!!

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

"I'VE BEEN BREAKING THAT LAW FOR OVER 20 YEARS IN THE SAME PLACE NEVER ONE TIME HAD A PROBLEM ."

Goat Gut - Man, I feel for you. I've been drinking and driving for over 20 years and never one time had a problem. But then some come-here who didn't like it up and ratted me out. Now I'm walking which makes it real tough to hunt. I only have two hands to hold a spotlight, rifle, and beer. I might have to give up my favorite form of hunting and take an easier way - like sitting and waiting for a dog to run a deer by me.

Mike ,
    you got mail.
    John

maybe we can get97% of them to help stop hound hunting!!!

I did receive a call on your dogs running out of season and was in the area for several hours attempting to find the persons illegally running the dogs. Running dogs out of season is against the law and if I had found the persons, they would be walking away with a little yellow piece of paper in hand.

you got to earn that money and catch me first!!!

I wouldnt rely on the law to help you out with your shot hound but to be sure he will be after you for exercizing your hounds.

Wht's the deal with the CPO. Has he got a gun and a badge and hall passes and everything. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. When does your dog season come in, hell it is mid nov. Maybe I missed something. In Eastern NC we will burn you down about a hound. Its time to revert back to the ways of our fathers and fight fire with fire. Some people have to feel!!!!

man this is getting rediculous this is my first year with hound and the season in virgina in richmond county starts on this saturday we have had one women take the tracking collar off one of our dogs and throw it in the pond and went and got it but but still waiting on the court date for that one, and another takes off the regular collar and shoots down in the woods when the dogs gets close to his house but this whole shoot the dog in the head is messed up something has to be done before it get out of hand, they lock people up just for not feeding them on animal planet which is worst not feeding or shooting them in the head u tell me?

Scooter - you are absolutely correct. No one should be shooting hounds. But how did either woman get their hands on your dogs? You seem to know that the season comes in on Saturday so why were your dogs out with their tracking collars?

Wells - When you take the time to learn something about Virginia hunting laws then you can make comments about them. Until then, STFU.

Daughtrey - Funny guy. But don't sell the CPO short and assume he won't help with a shot dog. He had a report of dogs illegally running and he was doing his job. It's just a crying shame that he can't bust Goat Boy just on the basis that the jacka$$ admitted he was running dogs illegally, has been doing it for over 20 years in the same location, and then gave his real name and phone number. Hopefully he will be watched in the future and get busted.

Mr. Booden not taking sides here, but if you caught the person who shot the dog would they have walked away with a little yellow piece of paper, or took a ride to the county jail with you?

little tommy marshal you sit up there and run that trap. You probably get away with that up there but bring that attitude down here and we will adjust it for you. Let me know when you want to make the trip until then you can kiss my proud, southern, conservative, hound lovin, libral hatin azz.

Wells:

Do you know that the law in VA is different from the law in NC?

A lot different and a lot more restrictions on deer hounds.

CSSJR

David Wells you said it brother!!I dont give a frogs fat azz about political correctness.We just need to find out who is doing this and keep our mouths shut and simply deal with it.Your right,its ashame you can have dirty water buckets or be accused of not taking care of an animal and its a BIG ORDEAL,FULL INVESTIGATION ETC..but feel free to shoot a houndf and steal a collar.