SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    sick dog

i have a 4 year old walker who i have never had any trouble with i ran him on saturday and ever since he just looks poor. hes not eating but hes drinking tons of water and then throws it up. Any ideas on what it could be????

thanks in advance Brett Bass (910)617 6638

Re: sick dog

had a friends pet beagle do the same thing,"drink lots of water, throw-up", they took to vet and full of heart-worms

thanks i guessill be at the vet later this afternoon.

Most likely kidney failure, lost one about a month ago like that! Vet said that the uric acid goes throughout their system and everything they eat or smell is "urine"! Kidneys cease to function and other organs then shut down!
    Take the hound to the vet!!

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

Most of the tick fevers cause kidney breakdown. This is what I would guess. Very critical that the dog get attention immediately!!!!

Sounds like Erlichiosis, which is a tick borne illness. Very deadly if not caught and treated immediately. The dog should have a terrible smelling breath. Tetrycycline or Doxycycline will cure the disease but if the kidneys are already gone there is no hope, therefore time is of the greatest importance. I lost several to this a few years back before I discovered what was causing the problem.

Kidney failure.......

btt