SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Looking detailed info on Garmin Alpha,,More detail than manual.

Isn,t it a pain that you can fine tune these things so much but the owners manuals don,t explain sometimes at all what a button does if you press it.

I looked at dog set up and decided I want treeing dog set up on a collar instead of pointing dog..

Then I saw a auto setting and pressed that, Yesterday it thru some things on screen I have never seen before.

I have looked and cannot find any printed or online info that breaks this stuff down in detail. (meaning hold manual)

Do any of you know of any...............what I have learned is you just don't press a button for the fun of it.

Re: Looking detailed info on Garmin Alpha,,More detail than manual.

In the lobbying world there is an old saying that you never ask a question in public that you don't already know the answer to. You might need to apply this policy to pushing buttons. LOL

Call Garmin's customer service (800-800-1020). You might have to wait on the line for a few minutes but I have always found them to be very helpful.

Hope you are doing well.

I have them on speed dial now........they do not have the time to walk me thru
    20 pages of extras these things will do....And to be honest I dont have the memory
    retention to go thru all that one time and remember everyhing. Some of you may
    want to talk to service once and a while so I hate to tie up the lines

And like all of you I certainly do not have the time to hang up a collar in a tree
    and play with a garmin all day to look at features.
    If they put it on the box there should be a place to learn about on the web
    or in a pamplet.

Idea tor those that have time..see if garmin will pay you to go thru and write detailed
    instructions for there website or maybe speeddogs will start a section on the website for hound owners.
    Anyway it is an amazing product that has made owning hounds most enjoyable

if anyone finds something call my attention to it.

general post not directed at hipshot

i agree with you gary. any thing that cost that much money ota have a step by step instr.. book on ever button you hit .. believe you me .. the trial and erra method dont work..