SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Question on Scoring

I've seen dogs that may have been trailing richy, but I'm not a benefit of the doubt judge. If I'm not sure of a fox being trailed they get no score. The object is fox or coyote. Not maybe.. A lot of the trailing scores given are covered deer tracks or deer in general. I've witnessed it. If I give a trailing score it will be the maximum amount because if no game is produced how can we be so sure a fox or yote is being pursued

Mike,I would only point out that the hunters have created and agreed on sets of rules to deal with the fact it would be near impossible to see a fox being cold trailed.A hound should receive degrees of points for his work , minimum then to a maximum if jumped.... An H.G.A. hunter relies on the four categories system.

Blaine Fort
    David I have seen judges score hounds for hunting on a lose, I refuse to do it, they shouldn't have thrown it away. Now I may award the hound that picks it up a speed and drive score if I see him open and leave there with it like he should with the other hounds falling in with him. All depends on the situation and what I see.

Why not? Where in the rulebook does it state that a hound that is hunting should not be awarded a hunting score because he "lost" a track? If a hound is running a track and he looses the track but upon realizing the track is lost, begins hunting until he finds it, what is the dog doing from the time the track was lost until he found it?