SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Water Buckets

Just wondering if anybody has any tricks or tips on how to keep water buckets from freezing in the cold weather and for future reference. Thanks in advance!

Re: Water Buckets

Saw a post that said to fill a one liter drink bottle with sal****er put the lid on and let it float around in the bucket and it wont freeze. haven't tried it myself yet but its worth a shot.

Read the same thing but have not tried either...

I use the five gallon electrically heated big blue buckets from Tractor Supply. Cost about $30 and they work well for me. I live in southern Illinois but it certainly gets cold here and down to zero for a few days at a time. The smaller 2.5 gallon buckets are not as productive as are the larger buckets. I have them also but they will ice over fairly easy if it cold for a few days at a time. Sort of expensive to purchase but they are worth the investment.