SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Feeding peanut butter to dogs?? Anybody?

It's good in moderation wouldn't just feed it without dog feed I kept a bowl of it all the time to a litter of pups and kept dog feed to them as well but it ruined a couple of them about 3 months old they stated limping to the point they couldn't hardly walk didn't know what it was so i took peanut butter away and within a week they started walking again. When it came time to break them the ones that got messed up couldn't run right and were allot slower than there mates. I still feed it but not as offten or as much at one time

I agree with Tawney it needs to be fed in moderation another thing about feeding peanut butter you must alternate between hard food and peanut butter if you feed just peanut butter it will get stuck to their teeth and cause a whole world of problems like infections in their teeth and gums. The hard food in between feedings will clean their teeth free of any build up. I fed it once few years ago. But never really got into it much know some folks who have done well with it in colder temps. When you feed it keep a small spade shovel in a bucket of water so when you stick it in to scoop the peanut butter it will slide right off otherwise you will have a mess on your hands. Good luck

Also heard old school guys say it will wear / grind there teeth down and only feed it about three times a week.