SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Trenton Deer Field Trial

Come to Maules Point and run with him one day and you will see why he gets his name called.

Why is everyone making a big deal about j@r hes always took 25 head ive been going for awhile and no one brings as many dogs as he does... dont be mad becuse your dog cant do it... I bring 1 dog and placed him its all in what bring... just saying...

It all started when some people started fussing about the 252 series being won by a guy 5 min down the road and somebody said that the other series does not get complained on every time somebody places something. think it is some wash over from that.

The more you win.The more haters hate.I know what that's like.But I have to say I understand how three trailing scores out of over five hundred dogs when there is only seven given away could make people wonder.I know having good hounds,being a good dog man,and hauling a large number helps,but the odds are low of that happening.Only thing you can do is hope people have enough integrity to let the system work as it was intended.If you are winning and know it's legit,let the haters hate and enjoy the moment.

How many people have bred this trait out of their hounds? Most people will tell you that they don't want their hounds to open on a piece of game until it's up and on its feet. I used to have quite a few that would trail and open on a track and now I'm down to 2 that will. I sure wished I had some of my old blood back in my pack. Maybe Ross has found a cross that will trail one. I see that he placed more in trailing than in hunting. I feel that if it was hunting scores I would have more questions. JMO.

Mr. Smith,
    Take it for what it's worth- I don't have clue what a hunting, trailing score etc. is, but if my husband earned it- then he darn sure deserved it! It's not often I would take up for him - especially when it comes to dogs.... But his newborn daughter and I spend A MANY a day, night and weekend without him so that he can be with those dogs getting them ready for this very "field trialing" season. So for someone to have the audacity to think scores would be skewed, must not know the whole story.... Hope this helps a little. I'm sure he, or anyone else that knows the real story would be more than happy to fill you in on J&R.
    Happy Hunting!
    -Ross's wife