SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Fox Preserve Entry Limitation!

First, I deleted the comments about the number of entries!

Second, By the "Code of the Commonwealth of Virginia", fox preserves are limited to a "one hound per two acres" for "field trail" entries. They must conform to the law, or can be shutdown permanently!

Third, the "Organization" putting on the field trial wants to give as many folks as possible the opportunity to enter hounds, up to the limitation of the law.

Fourth, If a "first come, first served" entry is not suitable, then they could go to a "PRE-PAY" entry program. And many would not like that! Unfortunately, no program will satisfy everyone.

Last, it is easy to belittle, criticize, or bad mouth, but until you have "walked in those shoes", don't be so quick to complain!

Each of the Preserve owners try to do the best they can. We may not always agree with them, but respect the fact they have substantial investments, and also, that it is a "privilege", "not a right" to utilize them.

Once in a while, there are more folks that want to enter hounds, than there are available entries, but not the norm. It is unfortunate when it occurs.

In the future, get there early, if possible, and understand if you are the "odd man out"! Nothing in this world is 100%, maybe with the exception of death & taxes!

Allan Bishop
    (Jabbe Jaw)

Re: Fox Preserve Entry Limitation!

Then they should only give out the number of entry's that they can legally take and charge a deposit,it's bull**** to drive 2 or 3 hours and get turned away to any hunt, it's never happened to me but I can see why people are upset

Good post jabber jaw.

Sorry Jabber Jaw but the pen owner should have some responsibility with this as well. I have put on several speed and drive hunts and used different pens and was told by the pen owners how many numbers to give out and that was it. That number corrollated with the number of dogs allowed. I agree that those that give out more are thinking of one thing and that is being sure they give out enough numbers to fill the allowed number so as not to lose money.