SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Concerned Dog hunter

Rooster, they dont have to have 5 acres to be a pain in the you know what. I had a man nail posted signs to his front poarch in Hobbsville one day while i was parked in front of his quarter of an acre. I'm not jokin', I could pee across his yard and not get his grass wet. If they can see it, they think they own it.

I agree. But unfortunately the writing is on the wall. As good as GPS collars allow deer hunters to keep up with their hounds, Its hard to keep up with them when they go in 10 different directions. The style of hunting will have to change some, because these folks get more and more people on their side and become more of a threat every year. They wont stop until we're done for. A lot of places around our way have big enough blocks where it hasn't gotten that bad. But Ive heard of several occasions where clubs turning loose too many dogs on 50 acres, and next door their not welcome. That mess has to stop. Another thing that needs to stop is folks hunting half @ZZ dogs. They hang up on someones property during the day and aint good enough to either continue on hunting, or come back or simply run the deer through the block. Unless its a large tract of land, a good dog wont stay on someones property long. He'll be outta there in 5 minutes. You know the ones Im talking about

Joe Harris, what is a "straight leg beagle"? That's a new one on me.

Be careful guys. This person sounds like a liar and fake. Reread what he's posted. I can't believe people actually hunt this way anymore.

Think what you will. Don't really care! Know a lot of small clubs that are old school and do not have/need all the high tech gadgets you guys use to kill ,er run deer. You can do your thing, will do ours....my point is, with todays dog hunting here in central Va., we all will be looking at empty kennels if we don't take a good look at what lays ahead. All the Tracking collars in the world is not going to save a tradition that has been enjoyed for many ,many years,Is far more complicated that a simple gadget.

Joe

Sounds to me ur more worried about loosing ur hunting rights with dogs.. I understand ur view in a sense. I feel like clubs need to realize that a 15 acre block is much too small with hounds run a bird dog or Beagle of some kind.. that's common since...

U say all the gadgets in the world won't help save this tradition, how ever the garmin of today can an will help 99% of the problem u go around with ur garmin an mark all ur way points hot spots whatever u prefer an u cast ur hounds u keep an eye on ur garmin an it will tell u exactly where ur dog is no guessing of what side the rive he or she is on an if it's crossing the rd goin on to another trac of land u will kno.. so in all do respect the collars an expensive gadgets are worth every penny.. jus my thoughts

Still waiting to hear what a straight legged beagle is....

Is it that thing where you tape up the joints of a beagle's leg making his leg "straight" so he can't bend his legs and therefore can't run as fast?
    Do you put a beagle's legs in a cardboard toilet paper roll so it makes his legs straight and he can't run as fast?

Shall I continue to speculate?

There is a straight legged Beagle and a bench leg Baegle.Straight leg beagles are just one to two inches taller and looking at the chest down they don't have the bowed out legs,don't know if it is crossed with anything or not.I know it's not my conversation but just putting that info so you can look it up or ask a old time rabbit Hunter,Happy Holiday and HAPPY Hunting.

Mr joe Harris You still have not answered the question. What club we are talking about.

Lmao. Bench leg beagle and straight leg beagle.
    Beagles are either 13" or 15" class.

Don't laugh it all off Beagle pro.com it will explain it to you .

Mr.Harris has no use for a garmin and I have no use for a dog that doesn't require one! lol