SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Savannah River Site Deer Hunt Info Wanted

Haven't been in years but really went down hill the last few I went as far as kill numbers. 20 years ago you could easily expect 200 dear a day. Last hunt we went there in 2007 only 45 killed. They changed the way they run the blocks from what I understand, used to run blocks maximum 2 times a year usually once a year and now they run just the blocks where they have high vehicle accidents and don't run alot of the site. That being said I have always seen huge bucks come out of that place. I have never run dogs just took stand as I live 5 hrs away. The dog men application is online at srs/deer hunt. Also has stand application. Lots of memory's from years ago as that place used to be like a dove hunt for deer. I would go back in a heartbeat if it was run like it used to be.

I went there in 2012 on the last hunt of the year and killed a pretty big 10 pt. it sounded like a dove hunt for about the first 2 hours and then went dead. i believe i paid $75 that year and saw 9 deer. my room mate went that same hunt and saw nothing not even a dog and where he was he didnt hear anything at all. so it is really where draw your stand i guess. if my memory is correct that day 44 deer where killed. almost everyone i know that applies has gotten a draw. im always told the smaller the group the better of a chance you get. this year i believe it is only like 6 saturdays so i would guess the draw will be a lil harder but its 130 dollars for a 4 hour hunt and that will keep the numbers down. i will be there hopefully this year again trying to kill another wall hanger.

Google SRS or Savannah River Site. Click on Deer Control Activities and follow to stander application. Stander hunts are only on Saturdays this year and as previously noted, $130 per day (4 hour hunt). Applications are available only online and must be returned before July 31. We will be going on Wednesdays which are dog men only.

Buck Rorie

Thanks for the info guys. Buck I sent you email about the hunt.