SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Stolen Hounds Alert

There is a Megan Hammond in Pungo and does rescue coonhounds or steal.I checked her facebook out.Someone needs to contact a police officer or animal control and see if she has any stolen hounds.She looks to be about 40 years old.

I looked at her friends list on fb and she had one friend that had six mutual friends with me and they all are pretty regular users of this site. I also noticed that she is friends with a page called Carolina Loving Hounds Rescue, i think out of greenville sc.
    if you have fb, you might want to check these people and their pics out

This is all totally untrue and if you keep this up Sky I am going to file defamation charges against you.

I was alerted that I was named in not so flattering e-mail regarding stolen hounds and some sort of "rescue". I would like to clarify that I am NOT affiliated with any such activity and am beyond alarmed that I have been googled and mentioned in such a slanderous manner. I am involved with helping hunting dogs find homes, however, I am also one of the first to clearly draw the line between "rescue" and "theft". I would also like to further add that I am an active member of MFHA (Masters of Foxhounds of America), parti****te in mounted foxhunting, am a member of a fox preserve and have worked/signed/petitioned to keep hunting with hounds legal in Virginia. I am a member of a group on FB that shares goofy photos and stories of their Treeing Walker Coonhounds, and there was thread one day regarding hounds being removed/rescued from a dog box at a hunt club. I was involved initially as I found it hard to believe that hounds, with numbers on, would be dumped, next to a hunt club entrance in a dog box.....the thread got a bit heated and I left the conversation amidst personal attacks and name calling by all sides involved. I want to clarify that I am associated with rescue organizations that help hounds, I have rescued Walker Coonhounds, I support certain rescues as I also support hunting and field trials as well as fox preserves. I do not "know" any one listed outside of being "friends" on social media. I am a small business owner and having my information listed in affiliation with such activity is not only untrue, but potentially damaging to my business as it involves the care of animals (horse boarding and training facility). Thank you for taking time to read this.

Again - I don't know where "I was involved initially as I found it hard to believe that hounds, with numbers on, would be dumped, next to a hunt club entrance in a dog box....." came from because that is NOT what I said.

Dogs with numbers on them are routinely dumped at shelters in VA, NC, SC, TN, LA, etc....

I DID NOT say that dogs were dumped at a hunt club entrance in a dog box - someone, not you Megan, obviously could not read and blew "how does someone get the number off the side of a dog" into stealing dogs.

I was speaking as to my involvment on a thread months ago. There were hounds that were left in a dog box outside of a hunt club, and I asked if they were left in the vicinty of or dumped by the club itself as to clarify the use of "dumped by a hunt club" in the posting. I don't appreciate being named as part of some radical animal rescue group by this poster and I was also accused of theft by others replying to the original post.