SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Help with puppies

I just had a 3 year old beagle have here first litter Friday of 9, all has been going well untill this moring there were 2 that passed, there are 4 pups that are bigger than all the others and they seen to be doing alot better then the smaller ones, the small ones are still nursing but just seem weak, I called my vet this moring and they said the small pups could have fading puppy syndrome and there's nothing I could do and the small ones will most likely pass, any body heard of this?

Re: Help with puppies

It is hard to save them when they start fading it is important to keep them warm if their body temp drops to low they become weak and cannot nurse. You might even have to suppliment the smaller ones with a bottle untill they regain strength. Good Luck but remember it is mother nature

Its pretty much the way nature works. The stronger survive making the species stronger. The larger ones will push the smaller ones back therefore they aren't able to nurse as well and eventually get weaker and die. Also they will get cold in the winter months if you don't have a heat lamp on them if they get pushed away from the mothers warmth. Only way to help is to assist them is bottle feeding and heat lamp but thats not always successful either. As I said from the first, thats natures way of "weeding out the weaker ones".

Now, I am going to get on my soap box for just a short time and probably will "rub a few of you raw" but this needs to be said. I like hounds and I like nature but so many believe that dogs love like humans. We are told in the book of Genesis that God made man in His own image, in other words we have the ability to truly love and we have souls that live forever, but no other mammal was made that way. Only man. When we get animals to be equal to humans we are going too far. Folks, that mama dog will let those pups just lay there and die and she could do something about it by pulling them closer to her and not letting the larger ones push them away but she is an animal and the dieing pups don't really concern her. She has a natural instinct to feed them and watch over them to a point but that is done by God who gives her that natural instinct but not a true love. Also when the pups get larger and begin eating the dog food that she is eating she will actually growl and snap at them and I have seen mama dogs actually kill a pup accidently when she snaps at it to keep it away from her feed. THEY ARE ANIMALS, NOT HUMAN, NO WHERE CLOSE TO BEING EQUAL AND THEY HAVE PROTECTIVE MOTHER INSTINCTS BUT DEFINATELY NOT LOVE. SORRY IF THAT OFFENDS ANYONE BUT IT IS THE ACTUAL TRUTH. Just let them be what God intended them to be and no more and accept it. His plan is best!! Your PETA people and SPCA people won't accept this but it is the truth, sorry.

Thanks for the replys, I have heat on them and as of this morin the smaller ones have passed and all the bigger ones are doin great

Don, that is exactly the truth. That's what's wrong with this country and the world the younger generations coming up just don't get it. That's what they are teaching them in public schools is evolution and all living things are created equal, even trees! And we allow it to continue, blows my mind.

Gen 1:26-27, "Then God said, Let Us make man in Our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth and over all the creatures that move along the ground". So God created man in His own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them".

DO YOU SEE HOW IT COULD BE ANY PLAINER!!!!!!!! MAN WAS CREATED IN GOD'S LIKENESSS TO "RULE" OVER THE EARTH AND ALL THE CREATURES AND MAN WAS CREATED MALE AND FEMALE, ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE!!!!!!!! WOW, WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT THAT!!!

Did you give The momma pennicillin when she had puppies for milk fever.

Doesn't sound like a problem with the milk to me. The larger pups are drinking her milk and doing well, just sounds like she had a couple of smaller pups that couldn't compete with the larger ones because they weren't strong enough. Its my understanding they were born smaller.