SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Garmin Alpha Owners

Factory Garmin seems to be the best for the buck 5/8 quarter wave pre tuned.... It is VHF, if it is tuned correctly any should work but for $40 bucks the garmin is hard to beat

Hey I just ordered the garmin magnetic antenna ($29.95 on GPSCITY by the way) but I noticed other places it says it must ne kept away from another antenna. Will it be okay on my roof if I have my cb antenna on the back of my toolbox or do I maybe need to put it on my hood or something and just take it off when I'm not using it? I ordered my Alpha and it should be here Friday but does the unit itself now have a rechargeable battery and if so does it come with a car charger? I cant wait to try it out! THANKS

The Garmin web site says 10 ft away from vhf that is transmitting more than 5 watts. but the Garmin antenna has a sticker that says it should be 1 meter away? I also just got mine and was gonna mount it on the back of my cab high. but it only had a very short wire so i put it on the roof. worked fine yesterday. the alpha handheld does come with a re-charegable batt. and car charger. the collars also come with a wall and car charger.