SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    My First Buck

It has been years since I killed my first buck but as Christmas nears it brings back memories of how I killed my first buck deer. It was Christmas morning I got up before light went to a place where I had seen turkeys the day before, got into my turkey blind waiting for light. When it got light I started a soft yelp, nothing in return. I waited a few min. hit the call again to my surprise I heard a yelp. Then i heard a noise over my right shoulder which appeared a small 5 pt buck about 35 yds. He did not know that I was even in the woods. There I sat with my gun loaded with #2 turkey shot,so what must I do. You guessed I took dead aim in his right shoulder, when I pulled the trigger he took off. I only shot once I was so young did not know what to do next. Sat a few then got up started to look for him. I could not find him but I knew that I hit him how could i miss. Then I remembered Uncle Charlie had a hound that would trail a wounded deer. Ran out of the woods got in truck straight to Uncle Charlie house whom was just opening christmas gifts. He laughed and said Ole Joe will find him if you hit him. Well after Uncle Charlie open his gifts he had to have his oyster breakfast which to me seem like all day he finally got his hunting clothes on and away we went. We got to where I shot my buck with Ole Joe on a leash he started to smell giving a little wine. If only i had gone an extra 20 yds I would have found my buck. We eat Christmas lunch at My grand dads so you can imagine how things were when I pulled up with my first buck in the back of the truck. Hope every one who reads this will have a fond memory of their hunts. Merry Christmas to All

Re: My First Buck

Good Hunt.

Great story!!

Allan Bishop
    (Jabber Jaw)

I see you soon forgot about the Turkey and I don't blame you......I would take the Buck any day.