SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Garmin Question??

I have the 320 with the DC 40's and love them. I am not saying I have not had some problems with them now and then...but for the most part they are awesome. I can cast....catch dogs up going out of the block we are hunting..and recast them.

I also bought the extended range antennas from DU supply and put them on.

On average I get 3+ miles out of my DC 40's with the extended range antennas and the truck mount antenna.

Side by side comparison with the stock antenna's, the extended range antennas win hands down for me. Sometimes double the range.

If you mostly run in the pen, I doubt you will need the extended range antennas though.

The new alpha system is the way to go now though...if you want to spend the extra money. Guys I talk to love it.

220 or 320 with used DC 30s best answer.....DC 40s next best.

Alphas GREAT but maybe overkill for inside the Wire.

Which ever you decide on MAKE SURE the seller can provide next day service. You WILL have problems which ever system you get, most Dealers provide very little service, then depend directly on Garmin for this.....most of the time this is slow and on occasion quite frustrating!

Garmin has the retailers screwed down tight as to being able to discount the price on any Astro or Alpha....they have pulled some dealerships for cutting prices....therefor Customer Service is what you are buying. Your Hunting Buddy or the local Feed Store may be great folks but will they give you a new Unit to use while yours is repaired....can they talk Software fixes and operations with you?

As mentioned above www.dusupply.com sells great aftyer market antenaes and accessories for all Garmin Systems. They take Trade ins on upgrading. But best yet if they can not talk you through a System fix, they will over night you a System to use till yours is fixed. (503-482-8339)

Thats all you need is one more problem to add to the 100 problems you already have at hunts. you will have a nervous breakdown at a hunt fosure if you get one. But when they work right you cant beat em. Get a 320 system with the 40 collars If santa forgot to bring it. Hope all is well yalls way and see you soon.