SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Garmin Alpha Question

The speed of the map upload depends on how much acreage you have uploaded on your birdseye and the resolution quality of the upload. try just uploading just your hunting area and a little more on the borders of your land and set the resolution to the "high" setting which is the middle setting for resolution quality. hope this helps

Todd,

Never had the problem with my 320 on the highest resolution and having more than my hunting area. I'm having the same problem you are with my Alpha and if I have to download a smaller area on a lower resolution, makes me wonder why I have paid more for a newer unit and it isn't as efficient as the one I just sold.

Mine also cuts off randomly and it locked up on me yesterday when I walked in to get a dog. Took the battery out to reset it. Definately going to call Garmin this morning because I don't feel that with a new product I should be having this trouble.

Let me know what they say, both units i purchased have been locking and cutting off also. Sure hope an "update" comes to fix these problems.

Do you have the Birds eye on internal memory or a SD card

SD card