SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Ga State Information Please Read

We had decided at our regular meeting to run under National Rules and post judges scores. We had already advertised we would post judges scores in our add. Since the change the Nationals made stating this would not be allowed, we called a special board of directors meeting for tonight to decide what we would do. After conversation and not wanting to have a hunt with out a champion and wanting to still post judges scores. The Ga State is going to run under MASTERS HGA for the 2013 hunt to be held in January. We look forward to a great hunt and look forward to seeing all of you at the hunt.

So there is no confusion the Ga State will be a MASTERS HGA 3-day field trial.

Thank you from the Ga State Board of Directors.

Re: Ga State Information Please Read

Looks like a natl affiliated hunt is going to be a thing of the past? Glad too see the board is doing the right thing, posting scores. Are the natl folks ever going to consider common sense in their rules?????

to allow dog in pen with only speed drive get endurance ,change was about ten yrs to late to show judges scores probally come along ten yrs to late also.kenny told tommy s, i needed good dog he said not to call u lol

BACK DOOR DEAL AND PROBALLY NOT REAL SMART.

For clarification, the Nationals did not make a change.

The first time this was addressed officialy by the Nationals was at the Nationals' Board of Directors meeting in Grenada, MS on October 31, 2012. At this meeting it was brought up and asked if an affiliated association could post the judges scores DURING the running of a three day field trial according to National rules. It was discussed and stated that the National rules does not allow the posting of the judges scores DURING the running of the field trial according to page 28 and 29 in the 2008 rule book.

The rule book states that the Master of Hounds is to keep this information confidential until the final posting of score sheets and then turn this information over to the secretary of the hunt.

The secretary should also keep confidential too, unless directed otherwise by the board of directors of the association.

At the meeting it was understood that if the board of directors of a hunt wanted the judges scores posted after the hunt was over the rules allows for this, but only after the final results are posted and after the Master of Hounds hands everything over to the Secretary.

Again, nothing was changed, the rules are the same as before. The only thing addressed that should not be done is the posting of the judges scores while the hunt is still being run, but the rules allow for the posting after everything is over if the board of directors vote to do so.

J.W. Webb, Barry Hilton and I discussed this in more detail the next morning before the first days cast of the Nationals and feel this is correct according to National rules as they stand now.

Thanks - Jeff Brinchek

What's the contact number for this hunt? Need to get some numbers. Thanks in advance...

Kevin, Bay Lewis Contact-770-963-9090

So Jeff,
    Based on my understanding of what you are saying and what the NATIONAL rules state- Any of the board of directors for any organization running under National rules may vote to post scores (example: the judges scores for the Top 10 HGA hounds, etc.; Derby and AA) after the final results have been posted. In essence, when the final HGA sheet is presented/posted to the hunters for viewing, they may also post the judges scores for the Top 10 hounds if they choose to do so. Am I correct in my analogy?
    This is great and provides transparency "as requested by the hunters" on how the top dogs placed and how the first place hound won. It should prevent alot of questions and false acqusations and be accepted amongst 95% of the hunters. It's a known fact that you can never please 100% of the people 100% of the time if there is more than 1 person involved in any decision but this should be welcome news to everyone that has been wanting to see scores posted and exactly how they got beat and why their dog didn't or did win.

Ditto my post above. Just cannot post them before hunt is finished and Master of Hounds post the final score sheets and hands everything over to the Secretary.

I personally believe the Board of Directors of Associations should think long and hard about all the possible issues that could arise by posting everything, but so be it.

One day when the computer program is gone it should be interesting trying to figure out the hand written notes by the judges and piecing it all together, especially chicken scratch like mine.

Jeff what do you mean when you say the computer program is gone ?

That is a weird statement about computer programs being gone. I'll leave it alone and wait for clarification.

But, if you did have to figure a hunt entirely on paper I think there would be a run down for each hound on each day that shows each S&D score. Wouldn't it be easy enough to post those tally sheets on each of the top 10 hounds? That is what folks are wanting to see. Hunters don't want to see every scrap of paper each judge turned in. They usually want to see the summary of S&D for the top hounds in the hunt. The Master of Hounds should have that on hand in his backup book. Doesn't seem like it would be any more difficult to post those sheets whether they were printed off or written out by hand.

I think I'm in the same ball field when I say that there is a good reason to post the scores and I'm referring to the judges score sheets. It is exactly what the post on favor and look the other way or something to that point, add the judge who has a vendetta for a kennel or houndsman and tends to go above the term for unethical and poor sportsman and scratches or don't score. This is a great way to make sure that the truth and competence of the judges and the rules are going to be followed. Regardless of where you stand it is not a new problem, this is a great way to stop it completely. If you are a judge and I'm going to go out on the hard copy version and say that to not be willing to have your scores posted for the hunters to see you have no business in the field as a judge.
    If the issue with the posting scores is going to have big deal poor looser go to the judge who scratches to many Hounds or scores a hound to much and so on then the issue is a simple fix, post it with the judges score card and there number leave the name out unless a reasonable call is made. Why does everything about what is wrong and Wright so blasted hard to get some people to open there ears and eyes.
    Sad to say but it's ridiculous how many things are getting change that is screwing the best traits for a hound to have. The NFA Should have made a better choice for the endurance for s &d . There had been a added letter for the winner of the speed and drive there is the master hunts. Fix the rules for the best hound not make up rules that are not going to get the best Hounds to the top. There were 3 options to go out and run the H unt that suit you. Get back to the basic prin****l for what is the best Hounds and run where you want. Option and a perfect example I had my Hounds getting ready for the tennessee state Hunt. They were in great shape and I was looking forward to going. Once I saw it was a money Hunt I had no problem with backing out and not going. It's just that simple. Good day.

To re-iterate what Heath is saying and clarify what I think a lot of people would be satisfied with is the posting of the scores of the Top hounds. Although as a hound owner, it would be nice to know how every dog reached his Total score over the course of a field trial, most hunters know and understand that is not realistically nor physically possible for associations to do, especially when hundreds of hound may be entered. If any hunter thinks a hunt or association must present every score from every judge for every dog entered to keep them from feeling cheated, then you’ve got a bigger problem with the trust and honor of your fellow hunters/judges and you need to find another hobby, sparing the rest of us the personal headache of listening to your b*tching. As Chris Berman says, C’mon Man!! Get Real. 98% of the hunters are not asking to see the scrap paper, notes, scratches, or replay the tape recordings, etc. from every judge. We understand that is not practical to do and we don’t have a problem with not seeing them.
    But, once the HGA awards have been presented, the HGA score sheet posted, everyone congratulated, post the scores of the Top 10 hounds and Only the top 10 hounds. This is practical and can be reasonably done when computers are being utilized, as with most field trials these days. Posting the scores for the Top 10 provides transparency to the winners, so they can go home and don’t have to defend themselves nor the ability of their hounds and to the whinners who will have to, once again, mentally ponder over an excuse for their hounds and why they didn’t place.
    When the scores of the Top 10 are posted for all to see and everyone leaves the hunt for their trip back home and their buddies call them on the phone, asking for details, they can tell them how the first place hound won and also what their hounds lacked from getting their name called, whether it be the first name called in hunting or the last one called to win.