SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Cheating or not? Topic for discussion!

judge the hound good or bad not the one who owns him

Is it cheating, or acceptable for the Master of Hounds to tell the judges not to score hounds for hunting in a Masters or National HGA hunt?
    God Bless
    Bobby

WHAT A SHAME THAT A HOUND GETS THE WRONG TROPHY BECAUSE SOMEONE FUDGED A LITTLEBIT ON THE SCORING.BUT THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT THE OTHER HOUNDS THAT PLACED ALSO GOT THE WRONG TROPHY.KEEP THE TOUGH JUDGES AND WE WILL ALL END UP WITH BETTER DOGS THAT WE WILL NOT HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR.

Mr. Oxedine
    I'll post a little better explanation to the question on your post about a hound pulling the front having the time to get a hunting score. I've never ran, watched or judged any Hunt where any Hounds front of the pack middle could not be given a hunting score. In my opinion and every one has there own if the front hound is in the front of most of the running, that hound should be able and I'm going to go back out on that crazy limb and add that the front Hounds are easy to give a hunting score if (A) The Hounds a decent to above average hound. Pulling the front doesn't mean that is the best Hounds. (B) judges are going to go by the rules. When the race is over the Hounds should be hunting not going to the closest road. Simple as this, All Fox preserves are required to have a big number of safety holes for the game to go in before caught. Any game that's in a pen a while will know how to get there. Once the running is ended on that piece of game any hound that is worthy of being called a FIELD CHAMPION Should be able to get a hunting score by leaving with there head and nose on the ground and hunting for the next game. Before the wall to wall is blasted at me make sure that you can say that you have stood at a gate in a 700-1000 plus acres pen and the running Hounds were in the same place where you are and run the entire 15 hours of a 3 day. Never a minute 5,10,15 minutes that there were running Hounds all over you running the entire time.
    It's not the judges every time it really is the worst part and that's the Hounds only have two things to do. Get in a race running till it's over hit the road and run a mile to get on the next.
    Which is the best Hounds the 1st speed and drive hound with 1000 points or the 6th HGA with 700-850 speed and drive and hunting score two of the 3 days. There are more things to go by that should be what is the best Hounds, it only takes a hour of Hounds running a Grey or something in an area that's not covered by a judge to keep a great hound out of the top ten speed and drive.. I'm not going to go in on the favorites thing don't have time but it's a issue with more than judges and MOH. Bench shows are high on that list.

K&T Fox Preserve

Will start having open puppy running on Sunday mornings starting December 2nd cast time will be 5:30 until contact troy Whitaker 252-940-9933 pen has got plenty off game greys and a few reds !!!!!! Call and book your spot !!!!

Re: K&T Fox Preserve

Troy,

Please put me, jellybean, poon, and winslow down for Saturday, Dec. 8.

Re: K&T Fox Preserve

Roscoe, what time are we getting started?