SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: DANNY SMITH & LES RAND!!!

Tell them Chubbs I mean everything u do people say u cheating I mean its getting out of hand people need to grow up and if they don't like something tell the preson not put it on speed dogs and crap

This ain't no JOKE!!

The last few days I have been trying to figure out why we hunters in the South have just sat back and allowed the People from up North come down here and take away the thing that we have enjoyed doing for many years. They came down here and bought a couple of acres of land and then began calling big land owners and companies we have leased from for over 50 years complaining about our hunting practices and about our hounds crossing their land. I wonder what they were thinking when they purchased that land in the middle of a hunting club? Should our hounds be taught to read signs and not bark while crossing their land? Or should they try to steer the game away from their small piece of land which is in the middle of our 15000 acres? I know it all sounds crazy but it is not a JOKE! Now the larger land owners are sidding with the Northerners. YANKEES, I call them. I am so sick of of hearing them talk about how they stopped the dog clubs and that we couldn't do anything about it. There has to be something we can do to bring back the past time I grew up loving and that I would like for my children and grands to enjoy. To me, I believe it should be against the law to bait deer or have a stand anywhere near a field with food plots. If they can take away what we love then make it hard for them to do what they enjoy doing. If they have to work at still hunting in order to see a deer, maybe they will consider trying doing it with the help of a good dog. Nothing more enjoyable than hearing a good dog race on a deer. Also trying to shoot a deer that is being run by a good pack of dogs is a very challenging thing. Let me know what you think and how we can change the out come of this problem.

Re: Posting Judges Scores at Nationally Affiliated Hunts

ITS MY PERCEPTION BY READING THE LAST SENTENCE THAT IT IS UP TO THE BOD TO DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THIS .I ALSO BELIEVE THAT BY MEETING OUR REQUIREMENTS OF ADVERTISING IN THE HORN AND PAYINGING THE 25.00 FEE THAT IN ITS OWN IS AGREEING TO ABIDE BY THE LEADERBOARD RULES.--DAVID BAILEY

SINCE MAKING MY POST THIS MORNING I HAVE RECEIVED SOME CALLS FROM CONCERNED HUNTERS THAT DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT BY IT AND I REALIZED THAT EVERYONE IS NOT PRIVY TO EVERYTHING , SO IAM GOIN TO GET YALL UP TO SPEED .A FEW WEEKS BACK I POSTED ON BOTH WEBSITES FOR SEVERAL HUNTS TO GET UP WITH THE LEADERBOARD AS WE NEED SOME MORE INFO ON THE HUNTS . THE REASON FOR ME DOIN THAT WAS THAT WE HAD VALID COMPLAINTS ON THOSE HUNTS AND THAT WE HAVE A RESPONSIBLITY TO CHECK EM OUT ,SEVERAL OF THE HUNTS USED THIS VERY EXCERPT FROM THE NATIONAL RULES BOOK AS TO WHY THEY COULD NOT BREAK NATIONAL RULES AND GIVE US WHAT WE WANTED FROM THE HUNT RECORDS .THE MATTER IS STILL ON GOING AT THIS POINT AND IAM NOT GOIN TO NAMES THOSE HUNTS OR COMMENT MUCH FURTHER EXCEPT TO SAY THAT THE LEADERBOARD DID NOT FILE THE COMPLAINTS PAYING HUNTERS THAT WERE AT THESE HUNTS DID AND FOR SOME REASON SAW SOME THINGS THAT DIDNT LOOK RIGHT AND CHOSE TO DO SO .OUR INTENTIONS ARE ONLY TO MAKE IT RIGHT FOR EVERYONE--DAVID BAILEY

As secretary of the NC State FHA, a nationally affiliated hunt, when the board of directors gives me the okay to advertise in the Horn and pay the Leaderboard fee, qualifying this hunt for Leaderboard consideration/points, as secretary, I now have the obligation to satify the rules as set forth by the National and the Leaderboard. When I place the ad for the NC State, it is plainly stated it is nationally affiliated and will qualify for Leaderboard. With the go-ahead from the BOD of this association, that should suffice as their decision to accept the Leaderboard's terms and conditions and abide by such.

As for my "opinion" on posting judge's scores, for what it's worth, Les Rand is correct. More transparency is needed to move beyond the cloak and dagger, behind closed doors, under the table misinterpretations many have about what goes on in a judge's room. Scores/scratches turned in by a judge are looked at closely these days and score sheets studied by efficient Master of Hounds. One judge should not be intimidated to have his scores posted. He is no longer standing out there all alone but the other judges in the room are backing his play.

As for the National rule as it states that the secretary keeps the information, its confidential, destroyed in 24 hours..yada, yada, yada.....I keep all information, every piece of paper pertaining to a hunt for a solid year. And as far as the computer program, all the hunts I run are kept and are still on my computer and I guess will stay on here until my laptop fries or Jesus comes back.

I'm not sure a National rules change is needed here the way I see this issue, but that is just me and my little opinion. I do feel however, that if the National "powers that be" would take it upon themselves to change the rule, it would make great strides in helping all entities as they pertain to preserving and promoting this sport work together better. After all, when it comes down to it, aren't we all supposed to be on the same side? We got enough folks trying their level best to shut us down, National or Master's, inside or outside hunting...

Re: This ain't no JOKE!!

I live in Suffolk VA and we've been dealing with this for quite some time. In my opinion and some of the things that can be done are 1.support an organization that works through the legislature in your state that is for dog Hunters.2. Also we can all as dog hunters be responsible and courteous. There's been times I wanted to knock some heads around but it doesn't work or do any good. Just my opinion, we are all in this battle together... Happy hunting

David I'd say at this point they MUST have something to hide. Paying customers might should remember these hunts in the future. The money and time people spend these days in order to field trial is thru the roof. As customers we should expect the best out of the organization putting on the hunt. MAJOR TRANSPARENCY IS THE ONLY WAY!

Very well said Robin. The bad thing is that the hunters are helping the people who want this to stop. Unfortunity, they are also cutting their own throats in the process. They do this for finacial gain and to better promote their stud hounds. In doing so, this is causing large numbers of hunters to sell out and begin doing something else as a hobbie. Think I'm crazy? Look at the numbers showing up at hunts now compared to numbers of past hunts. I remember when the South Carolina State hunt would have 5 and 6 hundred hounds show up. Now, maybe 250 to 350. Thus, making the thought of cheating for finacial gain a cut throat move. I guess the STUPID is truely STUPID!! Because it is still very evident at many hunts, large hunts and small. I still say that cameras are a way to eleminate all of this. For an average of $3000.00 each pen having a number of hunts can have these installed and ready to operate. This will take care of needing judges and having disputes about results. All that is needed besides the cameras is a control box and a big screen TV. This will show multiple screens with each camera recording each crossing. This can be set for each second or every 5 to 10 minutes. This can pay for its self in a short time because more people will show up thus making profits higher. More money means more game and better hunts. It can be done and should be done at all hunts where champion hounds can be made. Like you this is just my opinion and I have plenty..

I know how this looks, but we know a lot of hunters north of the Mason Dixon and they are as much Hunters as we are in the south. please dont group them with the ones that move in and try to make it like where they came from! As far as posting judges scores, I like the idea, but as hard as it is to find judges, this is one more way to isolate them from the competetitors. When you are judging, you already can't be seen talking or socializing with the competitors.

I'm thinking it's almost just the opposite Russ. As far as posting the scores and talking with hunters now...not the Mason Dixon part.

I like to judge, and know probably 1/2 of the people at any hunt or more. I'd also like to BS and drink a few cool ones with whoever's there. Now if someone says look at him talking with so and so.... It does look bad.... Until I can say - go check out my scores and scratches and see if me drinking a beer with someone influenced my decisions. It won't. And there's the scores in black and white.

We've been to probably 5 hunts where they posted the judges scores. And I didn't hear any complaints from the judges...maybe they just didn't complain where we could hear it...or maybe they didn't have any problem with hunters seeing what they recorded.

I actually talked with one who scratched one of my dogs and he was perfectly fine with telling me the situation. I didn't approach him with a " WHY DID YOU SCRATCH MY DOG " attitude....I just asked him what he saw out of the so and so number dog that got him scratched , and everything was cool.

YOU TELL IT BOSS -IT WORKS EVERYTIME -THE PRESSURE IS OFF THE JUDGES --THE MAIN THING A LOT OF THESE GUYS NEED TO DO IS GROW UP -LOOK AT THINGS OBJECTIVELY AND ALWAYS KEEP AN OPEN MIND UNTIL YOU ARE SURE ABOUT THINGS --LOOKIN AT THESE SCORES YOU ARE SURE -DAVID BAILEY