SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Coyotes???

Josh Brothers
    Anybody heard the RUMOR that timber companies were releasing coyotes for the sole purpose of rabbit eradication? Dont know how true it is, heard they did it to save their planted pines from being chewed

I dont think I've ever seen a cutting on a pine tree. Hardwood trees most definatlely, but not pines.

I've heard for 30 years that Ducks Unlimited released beavers. Weyerhauser released rattlesnakes (to eat rabbits). Now big companies releasing coyotes. Hell I even heard there were Mule Deer released in North Carolina by the Wildlife Commission to breed with Whitetails to make the deer bigger. Absolute nonsense. WAKE UP. Nobody released anything. All these conspiracy theories get funnier with every evolution.
    The **** coyotes came from pens, the rattlesnakes just propogated, the beavers are there for lack of trappers, and there ain't never been a Mule Deer in North Carolina.
    I'm still undecided about the black panther, but if he's there, he got there naturally.

Stephen......I would question your comment about "yotes" comin from the pens! Don't think any owner would release coyotes from the pen into the wild. Think about it, not a smart economic move for the owner.I don't think it is fair to blame the pen owners!
    Your comment about natural migration is probably 99% on the mark. For coyotes, it has been proven that they will migrate into an area and double the estreus cycle in order to populate an area.
    Whatever the reason the dang things are everywhere now!

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

No I didn't mean they released them on purpose. I've been part owner in 4 different pens (Mosley Creek, Singing Pines, Savannah, and Power Train), so I'm certainly not bashing pen owners (believe me, I know how it feels haha).
    There were wild coyotes around Sandy Bottom and Fort Barnwell, NC 20-30 years ago, before there were pens. They just migrated in I suppose. Now they're everywhere.

It has got completely outa control in our Club prob 50% of races are coyotes and dnt know how many cross rd outa blocks while trying to run deer it has got rediculous.Not enough open areas to kill and dogs seem to b tight when do get a shotc we rossing rd or cross on wrong guy got we started packing them up there at the end hoping they would catch and kill.One other thing dnt c many yerlings or fawns any more do believe if they dnt do something deer dnt have a chance.I hunt in Flagler County Florida.

Rooster (RWhite)
    Josh Brothers
    Anybody heard the RUMOR that timber companies were releasing coyotes for the sole purpose of rabbit eradication? Dont know how true it is, heard they did it to save their planted pines from being chewed

I dont think I've ever seen a cutting on a pine tree. Hardwood trees most definatlely, but not pines.
    I have seen cuttings on pines plenty of times.Hunted with Norman about 10 years ago in a nest of rabbits and bout every pine was chewed up and have a few in my rabbit pen,I dont think they will chew em unless its very little food and a overload of rabbits.If any one has this problem feel free to call me for assistance,surely we dont want your long leafs or loblollies eat up by rabbits.