SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Withdraw Endorsement for Sunday Hunting

The bickering is indeed not necessary or professional. Everything I have read in the local papers that allow user comments, 99% are opposed. 99% of everyone I've talked to is against this proposal. There are some out there that want this to pass but if they don't win I suspect Hound hunting will be drug into this debate. Take a minute and visit Tidewaternews.com (rural paper from Franklin Va. They've been running a piece about support for Sunday hunting being "stregthend", last I looked there were better than 40 comments. (must register, get password, log in to see comments)There are a couple that support and one hardcase is already bringing hunting dogs into the arguement. I sit back and just read.....the ignorance will blow your mind. Some level headed folks out there too but I already see we have reason to monitor this closely. Another good piece on the site right now about a 4 year old getting his first and 2nd deer this year. Folks are blasting the Father for allowing a 4 year old to shoot a gun! Everyone has a right to their opinion but the way they crucify folks for not thinking like they do is unbelieveable.

Mr. Kane you got a address so i can send you some cheese to go with that wine is it me or have most of our govt. become puppets on a string just depends on whos pulling it anyone with any morels could not support hunting on sunday just another citizens opinion

Mr.Kane has supported hunting in general for many years.He has worked hard for this Sport.Sunday hunting or not there is know reason to bash the man.Derrick looks like that some one does not agree you start name calling.I have seen this often.Can you tell the dog world what you have done for them lately.Mr.Kane keep up the good work.You have done a lot over the past years.Thanks Larry Eppard

I never called anyone a name as I remember. Don't know what you were reading. As far as what I have done for the dog hunters. just ask the few that know me.Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is a political Org that fights bad bills in the legislature. Question is what have you done for your brother hound huters to preserve there sport of hunting with dogs.

Re: EACH TO HIS OWN OPINION BUT GROW UP!!!!

First let me say that Bob Kane has done much work & tirelessly done so to protect the interest of Hound Hunting in Virginia!
    Second, Derick Radcliff has also worked hard to promote Hound Hunting in Virginia as well, through VADA. Each should be commended for their efforts!!
    That said...each of you is entitled to your own opinion about the subject of Sunday Hunting!! You may not support it, you may support it!! It seems the majority does NOT want Sunday hunting!
    BUT...you need to act as ADULTS, and stop picking,bickering,and whining about any little thing that does not go YOUR way!! People want to bad mouth,name call, and blame someone else for everything!! Take responsibility for your own actions!!
    Folks, people get tired of seeing NEGATIVE comments about others, about their hounds, etc!!
    There is nothing wrong with good natured kidding, and picking, and laughing and having a good time with this site; but dang it, do so with some maturity & integrity!!

ALLAN BISHOP
    (JABBER JAW)

I had no clue that morels (mushrooms) had anything to do with Sunday Hunting. I reckon I learn something new every day...

Sunday hunting has nothing to do with morals. It has everything to do with freedom.

Brace yourself... Sunday hunting is coming. Might not be this year but it will be within the next few years. There are only seven (7) states that currently do not allow it and that is rapidly changing.

I like how everyone keeps saying that the "majority" do not want it. It must be the groups that you hang out with because I find just the opposite. Almost EVERY ONE I talk to is FOR it or has absolutely no clue that you couldn't hunt on sundays currently. I have never seen a poll that is done by a neutral party. It seems the groups that are for sunday hunting have polls that say the majority want it and the groups that are against it have polls that say the majority are against it.

It would be interesting to see a neutral party do a poll at different locations. For example have someone do a poll at a outdoors shows, a farm show, and some other random location. Maybe only have 2 questions to make it really quick. This would give you good stats and numbers not just within the hunting community. Simple example:

1- Are you for, against, or neutral on allowing sunday hunting

2- Were you aware that you could not hunt on Sundays currently?

http://www.deerhuntingiowa.com/controversial-deer-hunting-laws

I dont know... that is just my thoughts. I still feel that the hunting community (dog hunters, still hunters, etc) should all be fighting the same fight to increase our hunting rights! We cant expect to stand up for one another when we are fighting against each other.

/Rant over

Need to be discussing this fox pen bill

were aware of this bill and working on it.