SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: What is the best tire?

Todd I have been in the exact same boat as you. I have run BFG all Terrains since the 1980,s. I run alot of miles per year and have to buy a set every 24 to 30 months.
    Since they changed to the KO all terrain I cannot keep a wheel weight on because they went to the oversize bead protector. And the mileage I was getting has fallen down as much as 25,000 miles for the last two sets of KO,s
    They have gone up from 730.00 to 950.00 for the set I priced the other week...That was since March 2010 when I bought the last set.

I switched to the FALKEN Rocky Mountain tire at Discount Tire a few weeks ago.
    It is a 50000 miles tire. It is VERY quite and rides very good so far. I used it the last week of season and it pulled as well at the All Terrains did.

Price installed was 631.00

I read alot of reveiws on there web site and all were good unless some had a Heavy Truck 3/4 or full ton.
    And those reviews had a few folks that did not like the tire with heavy loads.

I might hate them six months from now but as of today I recommend them.

Best of Luck

always buy michelin tires and forget all worries.
    hill city

michelin owns BFG. the ko's will get at least 60,000 and most will get closer to 80k. on a smaller truck you will see 100k. i have a buddy that is direct with Nitto and he still gets KO's from me. Nitto's aren't cheaper when you have to buy two sets to get the mileage of one set of quaility tires.........Tony