SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: ? for the GPS guru's

Rod, it is probably the VHF antenna... Check where it screws into the transmitter and check and see if you can feel anywhere on the antenna that might be frayed or damaged...Gary in Grifton has some extended range antennas for the 30's that are working great.

when I took it apart to unplug the battery I looked at the antenna and it looked ok.... I will carry it by there tommorrow i guess.

We had 3 dogs out and lost signal on them at the same time on Saturday. When we caught them they weren't tied into the Satellite.

I had to re-update the software to get them to tie back in. Not sure if Garmin did something on their end with the software or not. There hasn't been an updated posted so I don't know what happened.

Rod, I had the same problem with one of my dc 30s. I contacted garmin today and they told me to try to update it by downloading the current available software. They said if this does not work to send them the collar and they would exchange it for a new one for $89.

old school still works good to much technical stuff on gps just my thoughts.

Carried it to Magnum's today and they changed the antenna andthat was the problem... now it works???? maybe