SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Thoughts on the Eastern Carolina

Got back Saturday night from Mastering the Eastern Carolina down at Pamplico and it was quite possibly the best Eastern Carolina that I have ever been to as far as running and quality of hounds was concerned.

First of all, congratulations to Brad Richardson on winning this hunt. His hound was 1st in hunting and 2nd in speed and drive so he was a complete hound. I saw him on several crossings and Brad's hound is the real deal and he beat some of the best hounds in America. Winning this hunt is something to be proud of.

Congratulations to Whitey and Brenda Turner on winning the speed and drive. This was the first time that I had been able to see their Julys and they have 4 or 5 of them that are powerful and capable of winning any hunt they go to. I enjoyed meeting these folks for the first time and they are first class folks.

A big congratulations to Kyle Todd on winning the HOY with Remington. This was the first time I was able to see him in action and he is everything that a hunter wants to see in a hound. He is the best looking male hound that I have seen in several years and should have a bright future as a stud over the next couple of years.

I want to compliment the judges too. We were a bit shorthanded, but the folks hustled and gave the hunters 5 hours of solid work and put up a very good scoreboard and they deserve to be commended.

Finally, I want to tip my hat to Stewart Evans, Ludie and Clayton Poston. These guys have this facility stocked right with more game waiting to be released. If there is any concern about this, don't be. I look for them to have the same kind of running for 2012 that they have been having for the past several years. I saw game slipping every day and even saw 3 pieces slipping the last hour of the hunt.