SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: CURT LYTLE INFO

To express concerns or "voice" complaints the E-mail for his SPONSORS is:ahall@flwoutdoors.com PUT THE PRESSURE ON HIS SPONSORS for his "Negative Public VIEWS" of a unrelated Sport. This will hit him in his Wallet!!

Re: CURT LYTLE INFO

Please don't waste your time on sending emails to his ex sponsors. next time dig a little deeper for you give advice.

By Lee Tolliver
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © August 23, 2009
    Curt Lytle is calling it quits.

The angler who has lived in southeastern Virginia since 1991 is retiring from professional bass fishing after 12 years.

In that time, he advanced three times each to the Bassmaster Classic and the FLW Cup Championship - the peaks in professional fishing.

He finished fifth in the 2003 Classic and won three major events in his career. He said his tournament winnings totaled about $650,000.

A mechanical engineer by trade, Lytle said he wants to spend more time with his family - wife Brandy and children Ember, 5, and Summer, 3. He also wants to devote more time to getting more people interested in the outdoors.

Lytle and his family own 160 acres in Zuni, where he has built a pond and manages woodlands for deer and turkey hunting.

"My life goal was to build a house somewhere where I could walk to hunt and fish," Lytle said. "I accomplished that in 2004. And I wasn't sure what else I wanted to accomplish in fishing.

"I was never driven by the competition. I was motivated by loving to be in the outdoors doing something I love. I got tired of the competitive side of it more than anything else."

Lytle said he will miss several of his competitors on the trail, but plans to keep up with them on annual hunting trips.