SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: color

Don, exactly right. When breeding, you are not simply breeding to a male and a female. You are breeding to generations of what someone has HOPEFULLY put a lot of time and thought into. Said it before and will always say it. Nothing is more important to a GOOD houndsman than breeding-

John Foster

Re: Jeffrey

I see that your girls have been helping you with your homework again!

Re: Jeffrey

Dang Johnson,,,,That is a little heavy for this dog crowd,,,,Me Included,,,,,,I am going to print that out and sent it to your folks. Might make them feel better about that college education..

My OPinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Have been breeding white hounds since the mid eighty,s and have watched what people have bred to white dogs and the colors of there offspring.

As to the black and tan color phase, I got hooked up with Warren and Greorge Sharpe back in the early 90,s

They were breeding to Thirsty Guinea C. at the time and raised about 25 litters a year.
    What I noticed when they bred a White female regardless or the number of L&W hounds in there pedigrees they would get a true black and tan puppy about every other litter. Now they got alot of rank colored puppys in the mix too.

I think breeding for color AND all the other traits you need in a hound is part of the game, In My Opinion it is the differnce in a Breeder of hounds and someone who just breeds. MY Opinion.

You will have to get alot of females bred and you will have to keep only the B&T hounds and cull through them for quality but in time you can put together a decent pack. But only one L&W female brood hound is going to be Very Patient ordeal.

Re: color

Had me some of the chromes years ago and some white ones too. They looked good on my old Chevy!!