SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: GARMIN ASTRO 320

You can find the MircoSD cards in the camera or cell phone section at WalMart. Depending on what you are loading onto it you can really pay anything from $5-$60. They come in a 2GB-64GB for the High Capacity versions.

There is a 'hack' that is readily available to remove the part of the software that requires the key script. You can google "Garmin Map Hack" and find a dozen websites that will help you. If you aren't real computer savvy I would just pay the $30. It has the potential of permanently damaging a unit that is 10x's the amount you are trying to save....

Birdseyes is newer so there hasn't been a lot of work done with it yet. But on the TOPO end there is no need to spend the $75-100 they charge for those files. There are a ton of open source GPS files on the internet that are 100% legal and free: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php

Jack,

I bought the $30 subscription to Bird's Eye and went online via laptop and entered my serial number, but haven't noticed any difference. I was told I didn't need to connect the unit to a computer but not sure. Thanks in advance

i guess what im saying is( can u take someones micro sd that has birdeye down loaded on it and run it of of another 320) thanks

no you can't

Matt, did you activate the card you bought from me? call me sometime so I can help you get that setup. 252-795-5000

Matt

Hopefully Buzz was able to help you. I don't check this site every day sorry for the delay.

I am assuming you bought a preloaded card from Buzz? If that is the case and you talked to Garmin and registered your GPS then it should just be an issue of turning the map on. If you go into the Map setup and find the screen where it lists your different maps you will need to find the one that says "DEM" and enable it. If that doesn't work then it is either the card or a miss-key on the serial number registration.