SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    VIRGINIA TURKEY DOG MISSING - King William County VA

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:12 PM
    To: WE HUNT TURKEYS
    Subject: VIRGINIA TURKEY DOG MISSING

Yesterday, 11/9/11 Randy Carter lost his 13 y.o. dog Buster in King William County VA. If you know anyone near there, please let them know.
    Pictures and details of Buster here:
    http://richmond.craigslist.org/laf/2696023221.html
    Randy wrote: "Some bad news. Yesterday I lost Buster. We were hunting a new place and as soon as we got started I saw Buster make a line like he was on a track and heard him barking like he was flushing but was a good ways away. I have not seen him since. He has never gotten lost before so I don't know if something happened to him or he is still out there. We have been looking for him since yesterday morning. I have knocked on every door around where we were and talked to all I could."

The address near where he was lost:
    2025 CALNO RD
    HANOVER VA 23069
    A direct map: http://mapq.st/vw2gae

You'd never know Buster was 13 years old, with all the energy he had hunting. If he died of a heart attack or a stroke, at least he died doing what he liked best. We would like to find his body though.

We marked it off with a handheld GPS and searched back and forth in the area where he was last seen. It's not like Buster to not come back and check in every little while, so we fear the worst. Anyone in the area that can help, call or text 804-305-2419. Thanks.

Re: VIRGINIA TURKEY DOG MISSING - King William County VA

BUSTER HAS BEEN FOUND 3 DAYS LATER, A MILE FROM WHERE HE WAS LAST SEEN. Buster walked up to a house that Randy had been to twice, but no one was ever home. Today the owner of the place got home (he's a truck driver) and Buster walked into his yard (the truck driver had a Labrador) and he called the number on the collar ~2:30PM EST! Randy had been to that house twice, but no one was ever home and left a flyer in the mailbox, which the truck driver didn't even see yet. Randy was down that road 10 times in the last 3 days. IF DOGS COULD TALK, BUSTER WOULD HAVE QUITE THE STORY TO TELL.

We'll be making a page soon on microchips, tracking collars, tattoos and taking good pictures of your dogs, just for times like this. THANKS EVERYBODY WHO CALLED, EMAILED OR HELPED IN ANY WAY. It's so nice to hear some GOOD NEWS once in a while!