SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: RULE CHANGE

Thank you for the work you have put into this proposal. The fox hunting world has changed beyond recognition in the short 35 years that I've been running hounds.
    The 'neither score nor scratch' compromise was, in all probability necessary and workable when it was written. The proliferation of both deer and highways now make it a major obstacle to an outside hunt in almost any area of North America.
    In addition, countless hours of judges' time have been lost checking out races that can neither be scored nor scratched and hundreds of hunting and trailing scores have been awarded on game that officially doesn't exist.
    It's good that the original option still exists for those who desire it. Hound owners can determine for themselves which type of hunt they prefer to attend. The rule change would finally provide an option.
    One last point -- I believe this option should be open to pen hunts as well as outside hunts. Some pens have significant deer populations that bounce in and out of the enclosures.
    For those who don't wish to see a fox hound ch. crowned by running, hunting for or trailing up deer, or to see a broke hound scratched for FTH or loafing for shunning a deer race, this would be a most welcome addition to the rule book.
    Best of luck.

I think this would be a great rule change. I also think that should be the rule for all outside hunts .We have FOXHOUNDS we are at a FOXHOUND field trial not a fox and deer trial.
    How many of you have judged on the outside and busted your butt to get to a race and you cant score the hounds because they are running a deer.
    I know the biggest concern will be a low number of hounds entered at trials,but maybe we will pick a true FOXHOUND. Anyone who has never been to a broke dog trial needs to attend one.
    JUST MY OPINION. GOOD LUCK.

WOW! I C THE TIME CHANGE KEPT SOME OF U UP ALL NIGHT. I'M PROUD OF ALL THE HARD WORK PUT FOURTH BY EVERYBODY, BUT IN THE END I'M GONNA LOAD MINE UP PUSH BUTTONS, POP CAPS, HOOT, HOLLA, RAISE HELL, CATCH FOXES, AND ENJOY MYSELF ON ONE OF THESE OLD COUNTRY DIRT ROADS WITH MY FRIENDS! HAPPY HUNTING TO EVERYONE! POLITICS AINT MY THING.

Well the USO should be able to go back to laurinburg then, 50 dogs shouldn't be a problem

I guess the ones that have doubt could care less if they had a fox dog or a deer dog...I guess you can keep it like it is and have a deer dog champion!!! I am with Matt...rather run and catch cat and fox anyway....I guess since I have never made a dog a field champion there is no need to start now...but it seems like some where in the rules it says if a dog is worthy of being a foxhound champion in there some where...if he runs deer...HECK NO!! Have fun anyway...