SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Liability Insurance Problem

WILL CAIN/KAREN CAIN
    The umbrella is an excess liability policy for your home and auto. So it would be related to the farm, as well. What company are you with?

Claude My wife works in insurance and agrees with the above quote is correct. She has worked insurance for 20 years. The issue is same as your back yard somebody comes to your house as a guest and gets injured you can be held LIABLE. What really sucks is say you have a pool and no fence a drunk stumbles on your property in the middle of the night falls in and drowns his family can sue you. Sounds stupid and we both agree it is a load of crap. The best option is to look into other insurance companies. Each companiy has different policies for everything. It doesnt matter if you have a permission slip with release of liability you can still be liable. Just an example most home owner insurance companies will not insure your home land property if you have pit bull dogs. and some want with Rottweiler's. Its all about the liability.
    This is another issue that plagues hunters and land owners with giving permission or not for someone to hunt on your land as well as whether or not it is posted, house bill 762 and 755 is being pushed by FB because of this problem. Insurance companies will take your money for 20 years never file a claim then file something and they want to cancel your policy. It is all crooked. This is an area that legislator's should be looking at and fixing rather than taking land owners write to allow or not allow hunting and making it difficult to allow it,
    Here is another example I take a medication that if I file it on Insurance the co-pay is 118 bucks. If I Pay for it straight out don't file insurance then I can buy it for 16 bucks. Go Figure. The best thing you could do is find a insurance company that will honor the umbrella policy for what it is meant for and not look for ways to get out of paying or taking your money for several years and then drop the policy they made a clear 100% profit of the policy so to speak no claims you paid for insurance coverage and then they up and decide to cancel. It is a crooked industry and probably always will be. Good Luck. Also there are several insurance companies that write policies without the hunting clause as well as some have a policy set for hunting, The hunting policy is a big issue with logging land owners as well. May be able to look into what they use as a comparison. Not 100% sure but think Nationwide has Umbrella policy for farm owners,