SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Hounds and "softened water"?

Hello everyone....got a question to see if anyone has dealt with this?

My wife and I purchased a house at the end of last year. We are in the process of relocating our kennels to our home. The water here didn't even come close to passing a water test so I had to install a pretty hefty water softener and water filtration system. We were told that due to the high concentration of salt in "softened water" that we would need a reverse osmosis system for drinking water. After the cost of the water softener, we just buy water from the grocery store. My concern is now for my hounds. Could this present a problem for them? Does anyone give thier hounds softened water? My softener does have a bypass valve on it, however the original water quality is pretty much non-drinkable. Our yard dog and house dog have been drinking it (softened) and are fine, but they don't have run for extended hours like a hunting dog. Any suggestions

Thanks, Jason

Re: Hounds and "softened water"?

Jason, check your email.

Re: Hounds and "softened water"?

Man go ahead and give them dogs that "leaded" water. Hopefully it will slow them down and they will quit draggin' my poor dogs around so much.