SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: what is the best dog to cross a beagle with?

John, I like the straight rabbit size beagle, not a walkie talkie, but gundog beagles. Handle good, take brairs well, pack up on one with a small feed bill and less gas in truck. The only thing I wish I could improve is a louder mouth. On real windy days, it is tuff to hear them. I always thought about crossing a straight black and tan female with a rabbit size black back beagle for more mouth. Raised a litter off a female beagle and a half beagle, half bluetick this past year (quarter bluetick)and they are pretty darn loud. If, people would switch to better handling dogs, we wouldn't have as many issues as we have today. I had walkers for years and was ready to quit, I switched to beagles and it has been nothing but joy. Turn them out, deer killed, load them up and repeat. enough said.

Gotcha James.....the list of different dogs was getting large. I was waiting for bassetts, pugs and black labs! LOL...good luck man-

John Foster

I got a litter of lab/beagles now. See classifieds. Black and chocolates.

I've got some registered redticks but haven't made any crosses out of em yet.

walker beagle cross

Oh yeah, can't go wrong with the walker beagle cross there chris, i've checked out yall's website, yall have some pretty ones, i've got a few that look just like yalls