SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: charles Boyd??southeastern racing jackets or NOT??

I have spoken with our Master of Hounds who has had numerous discussions about this topic with many judges, hunters and field trialers. Since the Nationals is having their Board of Directors meeting this upcoming weekend and the topic of whether racing jackets should or can be used in a field trial is to be discussed, the Southeastern would like to stick to the current ruling that states the number must be painted or dyed on a hound. We are by no means saying that using racing jackets would not be a good thing or a bad thing, we are just saying there has to be a decision and since our field trial will be before the Nationals meeting is over we will not use racing jackets at this year's field trial. Whatever the Nationals decide we will abide by in the future. We hope everyone understands why this decision has been made for this year's hunt. The Officers and Board of Directors of the Southeastern appreciates everyones support and to let all know that we are taking a biased stand until the Nationals make this decision.
    Thank you and we hope to see all of you this week!!

Michele Taylor

Re: charles Boyd??southeastern racing jackets or NOT??

I agree. It's better to do it this way, as the rules are currently written, than to have someone win or place and then not be recognized. Maybe they'll allow the jackets after the meeting. I like the idea of them if they hold up.