SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

Hunts and Hunt Results
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Puppy Hunt at Tri County on July 7th

Mr Henry
    The reason it's for under a year old is for Test of the Best. If a pup that is over a year old places ahead of pup that's under a year old, it takes points away from the younger pup. This is my understanding of the rules and if I'm wrong, please someone correct me. I thank you for supporting my pen and hope to see you in the future.

Thanks
    Bert

Btt

IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE TEST OF THE BEST THE MONTH OF BIRTH DETERMINES AGE NOT DATE. SO IF A PUP IS BORN SAY JUNE 1 AND THE HUNT IS JUNE 20TH THE PUPPY IS STILL CONSIDERED A YEAR OLD AND ELIGIBLE FOR TEST OF THE BEST. I THINK IT WAS COVERED IN ANOTHER POST ON HERE AND TACKED TO TOP OF PAGE.

To further clarify this topic I called Chase Magazine today. A puppy can not receive points for "Test of the Best" after it turns a year old. When a pup has its 1st birthday it is not a puppy anymore, it is a Derby Dog.

My next hunt is July 7th, it is for pups born July 8th 2012 and after, so if you have a pup that can get up under a yote and drive the bus, get you a number and come have some fun.

Thanks and have a great day,
    Bert
    252-945-7133

I understand the test of the best results rules. This late in the year most pups this age are not in the running for test of the best chances. I think it just takes away from anyone being able to run this age pup if they are 3 days out from hunt date. But then again its up to each pen owner to make there own hunt dates. Enjoyed running at your pen and will continue to run there.