SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Rank Deer Hound

Houston all the way. I havent found nothing yet that can drive the track as hard and as tough and with above average speed as a Houston. 2nd bet would be a good Kannon Ziploc dog that is also bred right on the bottem if you thing is white dogs.Seen more than a few of them that knew how to run one right.

Re:wilson boots anyone know what he is out off

have a may puppy off him and bs lil lady i think that is wright doing real well just trying to get a little info thanks

Re: Re:wilson boots anyone know what he is out off

Zip Hellums for hunt and noise and a good july for since dont need brakes when you dont have time to pump them

Re: Re:wilson boots anyone know what he is out off

He is off of east coast hollywood I do know that. And lady is off of ambler ridge wildcat. I have a littermate to your dog if your interested in another one.

The fastest deer hound we ever put a collar on is a july hound out of tallants husquvarna x gordees shirley t. At 7 years old he can still fly. Best jump dog we ever put a collar is treeing walker x hellums gyp. She got plenty of deer sense.

GRADE HOUNDS..

I have to agree with Ray. I think that u can find good deer hounds a dime a dozen. They don't have to be full blooded

If you really want hound that has some grit cross some cur in it most of what i have is july-walker but my father in law had some blue-tick cur cross that could flat put it on one for about 5 hours and if they could'nt catch it they would puntch the clock and come home

I think it does not matter what you run grade or registerd. What you need is for what ever you run or make a cross with grind it on the outside and give it a steady diet of the deer woods. I prefer to run registerd hounds that can run more than 45 min and drive a deer out of a block. I dont like a hound that cant make something come out of a 20 acer block.

If you want a good deer dog get some Hoyles Dirty Harry blood and you can not go wrong. They have speed and bottom end.

I have ran full blooded fox Hounds , full blooded beagles, grade Hounds as some call it . I ran Walker Hounds crossed on beagles, Red tic crossed on Walker and every thing in between. Walker mix Hounds , Blue tic, Full blooded on both, and all the above crossed on each other. To say which is best at the time any and all have got the job done. The better track running hounds that will stay on track I'd to say would be tree stock bred to Walker. Great nose for taking a track and working it to the jump and fast enough to run it out of any size block. For small woods you can't beat the running of a good pack of beagles. Or beagle Walker mix. For pure drive and run to catch hills bred Hounds on hellums has been really good for me. Liquor bred hounds on hills and heads up Hounds. I have a good pack of Hounds out of all registered Hounds. Go back to action cat hills rip Rock and pinedale, as well as several other Hounds that are bred to run jump Hunt trail catch.
    Now I know your going to get a response to this that any old dog can run a Deer and to some extent it is true. The difference is a Pack of coyotes can run a Deer and catch it and often do as deer is a great source of food for any meat eating animal. That's why you can have and well see, labs, mutts, and grade Hounds that can run a deer and want not can't but want run a fox or coyote. There is a difference in running deer for fun and for food. I use to run to kill Deer for the freezer and still do, but I have always ran Hounds for the mere enjoyment of watching a good pack of hounds and listening to a good pack of hounds run regardless. That is what it is all about.
    My first years of running Hounds I did not have a hound that ran a fox and there were not many coyotes along that time . Now I just love to listen and watch a good pack of hounds run. I enjoy the spirit in a good hound no matter what they are as long as they are running Hounds and run the track like it should be.

One of the best deer dogs I have seen was a blue tick female that could drive a deer hard and come up treed on a coon before I could catch her.

Look at the chase or horn magazine and don't get anything from those and you will be good.

mr morgan, i will have to disagree with your post. there is a hound at stud in the chase that is very worthy of recognition. i seen this hound dominate 200 hound packs running deer at the all american one year. this was my first time visiting the duck refuge in grenada. this hound carried us there. i have never seen a hound dominate such big packs of hounds for 4 days strait. i have talked to the owners of lil rally at that hunt. they told me if they could keep him off deer he would win every hunt he was in but he loved buck deer. ive bought some off him through the past few years i am very pleased with mine and looking at his offsprings records alot of folks are pleased. i dont trial much anymore but i have a blast deer season with my rallys