Snorks Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We've reached a milestone!

As many of you may or may not know, this site is celebrating five years on the web. But that's not all. This site has also logged 20,000 hits since its 4-Oct 1997 launch. To see the milestones that this site has had, look for the animated red text box on my site.

For a long time, it has been my ambition to create a well-designed Snorks site, dedicated to one of the greatest television shows ever made. On 4-Oct 1997, I decided to start work on a Snorks site -- it took a year to get the site off and running, but by July 1998, I made an obligation to maintain this website.

What makes this website unique are some of the rare pictures in the gallery -- I put the pictures here to help all Snork-lovers remember the good times they had with the Snorks...and believe me, I never forgot my good memories with characters that stood the test of time, and were there (at least in picture form) in times of need.

Also, in 2001, the first Snorks forums and the first Snorks fan art and fan fiction sections (excluding my own art, which is in the four-page (soon to be five-page) gallery) were introduced. I did this because if it could be done with Sonic the Hedgehog (and there are several versions of these pages), why not with the Snorks?

But probably my proudest moment was not when my page hit 10,000 or 20,000 hits, but when the 4Snorks image was added in 1999. Looking at this picture makes me feel proud of my work, and I decided to make it a standard image for all the various pages of my site.

Thank you.

Re: We've reached a milestone!

Yay^^ I really like this site and like to contribute to it,(i got much more pics but i hate REsizing^_^;; ) heh Yay good 5years

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

As many of you may or may not know, this site is celebrating five years on the web. But that's not all. This site has also logged 20,000 hits since its 4-Oct 1997 launch. To see the milestones that this site has had, look for the animated red text box on my site.

For a long time, it has been my ambition to create a well-designed Snorks site, dedicated to one of the greatest television shows ever made. On 4-Oct 1997, I decided to start work on a Snorks site -- it took a year to get the site off and running, but by July 1998, I made an obligation to maintain this website.

What makes this website unique are some of the rare pictures in the gallery -- I put the pictures here to help all Snork-lovers remember the good times they had with the Snorks...and believe me, I never forgot my good memories with characters that stood the test of time, and were there (at least in picture form) in times of need.

Also, in 2001, the first Snorks forums and the first Snorks fan art and fan fiction sections (excluding my own art, which is in the four-page (soon to be five-page) gallery) were introduced. I did this because if it could be done with Sonic the Hedgehog (and there are several versions of these pages), why not with the Snorks?

But probably my proudest moment was not when my page hit 10,000 or 20,000 hits, but when the 4Snorks image was added in 1999. Looking at this picture makes me feel proud of my work, and I decided to make it a standard image for all the various pages of my site.

Thank you.

Re: We've reached a milestone! (AGAIN!)

On 17-Apr 2003, it happened! This site has made it to 30,000 hits! We could not have done it without your support!

What is significant about this is that it took three years to get 10K, two years for 20K, but only 18 months for 30K.

Thank you for your support. It means a lot!

Quasisp
Webmaster.

This site has done it again! As of 12-Sept 2005, we have had our 40,000 hit! It is your support that has helped this site reach its goal! Thank you!

I was hoping I could be the 40000th visitor, but I missed it by 1! Oh well.

I'm glad to have contributed; I do love this place. Congrats on 8 great years, and here's hoping for many more!

Our 50,000 hit has been logged! It occured on 29-Aug 2006 at 2 pm EDT. Thanks to everyone who helped get this website where it is today. Thank you.

Have you noticed you've been reaching these milestones quicker and quicker each time? At this rate, you'll blast through 60,000 in no time flat!

Congrats, my amigo!

This site has done it again! On July 18, 2007, at 3:17a EDT, this site had its 60,000th hit! Thank you! :-)

Can you believe it? This site has done it again! Exactly one year after this site logged its 60,000 hit, this site has made it to 70,000 hits on 18-July 2008. Thank you!

It's been a while since our last milestone, but this site has managed yet another one. On 15-Jan 2011 at 1:15pm, this website has made it to 80,000 hits! What's more, 15-Jan 2011 is the twelfth anniversary of the 4Snorks image that has appeared on the top of every page of this website since it made its debut on 15-Jan 1999! Thank you!

We've reached another milestone yet again! On 20-Nov 2014, nearly four years after the last milestone, this site has now reached 90,000 hits! Thank you! :-)