Let's Talk Bati......

A forum for all 'english-speaking' fans of Gabriel Omar Batistuta, which EVER team he's involved with!
Thanks to ALL fans for any 'Bati-news' and news about Argentina!

To make it easier to reply to posts, please don't start a new thread if there is already an existing thread related to your topic. Let's try to keep all the same news 'together'. Thanks!

Hosted by Katy...(assisted by Daryl, Linda, Mariela, Franca, Juan and Brigie)

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SURPRISE....BATI IN GERMANY

Bati is going to Germany ...at the retire of Argentina...for meet his ex friends like Crespo,Ayala and other...A beautiful surprise for all the team...Forza Argentina VAmos

Re: SURPRISE....BATI IN GERMANY

Yes Bati came with a friend of his to see the national team in germany. He stated that he could not talk to the press because of a contractual obligations to (i think.. mexican) tv station. Only really saw one photo of bati on a argentine station showing batigol there. Not all players got a chance to talk to him as saviola mentioned that he did not speak with him. The stations in argentina all joked saying crespo must have had a heart attack when he saw bati. LOL Like he was gonna lose his spot to bati again. Maradona gets in Germany tommorow after some trouble he had in Italia. I am getting reports everyday (thankfully to these great argentine stations on TV) and everything seems welll. I hope having bati and some of these other great players in will help. Makes me wonder why they didnt do all this in 2002. Vamos Argentina!

Any1 who wants to catch a glimpse of batigol visiting the hotel, heres a video:

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/06/07/um/m-01210523.htm

Shaf, thank you very much for the video!

Does anyone know if it is possible to download this video???

Probably wont be Lexa, I guess its encrypted into the website

Jas to the rescue! I've grabbed the video and convert it to wmv, go here to download. Anyone found any video just post the link and I'll try to grab it and make it available for download. Thanks for the tip Shaf

Jas

Hey jas,
Thanks for the download. Here are a couple more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Y6hlflKVs

^^^Funny ad about Argentina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx28fQgM3Is&search=mundial%20comercial

^^^ Motivational ad about Argentina, shows flashes of Bati too, come on every1, lets get behind the team.

great find! Ayala's segment is the funniest, I could never imagined Ayala looking like that Thanks Shaf, here are the download links

• Funny Ad
  • Vamos Argentina

scroll down a bit and you'll see a timer running, download link will appear after aboout 20 seconds.

Jas

• Re: SURPRISE....BATI IN GERMANY

Hey Jorge,

what did he mean by contractual obligation? is he going to be announcing the matches for Mexico?

Nadia,

Yes Bati signed a contract with Televisa of mexico to comment during the games. I wish i had that channel to see him. The contract was for $400,000!! From what i read on ole, was that he did get a chance to talk to most of the players, including ayala (who he spent the most time with) crespo, messi, sorin and a few others. like i said again, this was very nice of Bati and should help the team spirit. vamos Argentina!!

It is so nice to know he is in Germany, following the action. I hope the players were inspired by his visit. Good point on the Crespo comment, when he finaly thought he had Bati out of his realm

Hope this isn't a repost:

Gabriel Batistuta visited the Argentine team

Argentina's national team all time leading scorer was in Herzogenaurach to give his countrymen a word of encouragement prior to their debut against the Ivory Coast in Hamburg. Diego Maradona could be another legend to visit Pekerman's team.

There is a man that helped Argentina start on the right foot its last three World Cups. That man is Gabriel Omar Batistuta, the leading goal scorer in the Argentine national team history. He was the first to score against Greece in U.S.A. '94, against Japan in France '98, and against Nigeria in Korea - Japan '02.

Batistuta showed up surprisingly taking advantage that the Argentine squad had the day off until noon. Currently, Batistuta works as a commentator for a Mexican television station.

The ex-Fiorentia striker found many players on this squad that were teammates of his during World Cup 2002, like Ayala, Sorin, Crespo, and Aimar, whom he conversed with several minutes.

In the afternoon, the squad will start training behind closed doors in Herzogenaurach Park. Pekerman had planned to direct a very demanding training session with the squad likely to start against the Ivory Coast.

Diego Maradona, which was invited by FIFA to inaugurate the World Cup in Germany, could also visit the Argentine squad.

Okay,

I live in Miami Florida and I get Televisa on myh TV, but I haven't seen him. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be televised here.